PVP Balance Needed

General Gilbert

I am a big fan of the game so before I talk about this subject I would like to be clear there are many positives in recent updates and I applaud them. However...

PVP is very unbalanced. The time to kill is way too short and does not allow for a chance to fight back in most cases. The current setup rewards players who choose to hunt other players.

I propose there to be a rebalanced relating to player on player damage increasing ttk. There shoukd also be a consideration around what is dropped on death. I personally think you shouldn't drop armour especially with a potential rework making this rarer. I also personally believe that not everything should drop as standard, maybe a percentage based on situation. For example if you are running a mission and a player runs in and kills you only 10% drops, however if you are attacking or defending a player base then 100% drops for both parties. To expand upon this, you could also base this drop rate on biome level. Also, traders should be safe zones.

9 hours ago, General Gilbert said:

I am a big fan of the game so before I talk about this subject I would like to be clear there are many positives in recent updates and I applaud them. However...

PVP is very unbalanced. The time to kill is way too short and does not allow for a chance to fight back in most cases. The current setup rewards players who choose to hunt other players.

I propose there to be a rebalanced relating to player on player damage increasing ttk. There shoukd also be a consideration around what is dropped on death. I personally think you shouldn't drop armour especially with a potential rework making this rarer. I also personally believe that not everything should drop as standard, maybe a percentage based on situation. For example if you are running a mission and a player runs in and kills you only 10% drops, however if you are attacking or defending a player base then 100% drops for both parties. To expand upon this, you could also base this drop rate on biome level. Also, traders should be safe zones.

I don't think the developers intended for the game to be PvP oriented and probably aren't actively looking to balance it. This game has always been a mostly PvE co op style game with PvP as an after thought. Similar to Warframe and it's conclave mode.

Rather than wasting resources balancing for PvP, modders can instead implement their own balance changes and put them up for servers to use. That'd be the best option. 

19 hours ago, General Gilbert said:

This isn't really any different from any PVP FPS game out there.  One shot, one kill in many of them.  Especially with specific weapons.  No fighting back.  The difference is that this game has more to it than most PVP games so if you're trying to do anything other than PVP, you are at a higher risk of being killed.  I don't really think this needs to be changed, though.  If you want to play PVP, you know of the challenges in this kind of game (or opportunities if you're the one killing people in quests and such).  You just have to play the game in a different way than normal if you're going to PVP.  If that's not okay with you, then don't play PVP or use a mod.  As mentioned, the game is balanced for PVE and co-op and I don't see that changing.