Game balance and suggestions (Developers, please note)

PWPOZITIV

Hi all! I want to say right away that I am writing on the forum for the first time. And also sorry for the errors that may be present (I translate through Google translator)
I've been playing the game since alpha 1 and what we have now is a masterpiece, but the game is very weak in some aspects of gameplay and balance. I would like to offer a few of my suggestions.

1. It has something to do with merchant rewards. I complete a level 3 quest and get a level 4 steel pick as a reward at a time when I just learned an iron pick to level 2. And there is an idea to solve such a problem that items received from the merchant cannot be repaired (or a certain number of times) after they break. Therefore, it makes sense to go further and explore cities, etc., to find books, to better learn tools, etc.

2. This is for updating crafting cost. Sometimes they seem too delusional. A single-leaf door costs the same as a double-leaf door, although logically a double-leaf door should be more expensive to manufacture (this is an example) and there are a lot of such items in crafting.

3. This is to improve farming. Some plants look worse than in minecraft. You can update the beds, add the mechanics of watering plants and just add new crops. After all, food is the basis of survival and it's time to start this renewal.

That's all, thanks for reading and I hope the game will continue to be updated for the better!

2 hours ago, PWPOZITIV said:

Hi all! I want to say right away that I am writing on the forum for the first time. And also sorry for the errors that may be present (I translate through Google translator)
I've been playing the game since alpha 1 and what we have now is a masterpiece, but the game is very weak in some aspects of gameplay and balance. I would like to offer a few of my suggestions.

1. It has something to do with merchant rewards. I complete a level 3 quest and get a level 4 steel pick as a reward at a time when I just learned an iron pick to level 2. And there is an idea to solve such a problem that items received from the merchant cannot be repaired (or a certain number of times) after they break. Therefore, it makes sense to go further and explore cities, etc., to find books, to better learn tools, etc.

2. This is for updating crafting cost. Sometimes they seem too delusional. A single-leaf door costs the same as a double-leaf door, although logically a double-leaf door should be more expensive to manufacture (this is an example) and there are a lot of such items in crafting.

3. This is to improve farming. Some plants look worse than in minecraft. You can update the beds, add the mechanics of watering plants and just add new crops. After all, food is the basis of survival and it's time to start this renewal.

That's all, thanks for reading and I hope the game will continue to be updated for the better!

Hello PWP!

Let's go your items:

1- Trader questing is still out of balance and crude. Out of balance because they can accelerate your item tiers too fast and at the same time you don't get consistent rewarding (and that can be painfull if you are aiming for things that cannot be obtained without a trader - such as water filters). It's crude because basically there's no lore or immersion sense on most of these quests. Some people even avoid doing these quests on early game or avoid at all (myself included).  If you focus too much energy on questing, it is a tradeoff. You you get better loot, dukes and stuff. But won't get crafting in a consistent way.

Regarding your suggestion. I don't think there's a currently way to easily flag an item as "cannot be repaired". So not an easy change IMHO. Also, from my perspective of immersion. It doesn't make sense. I believe tuning and improving questing is a way to go. 

I also see another way. Instead of these active quests. I think POIs could be places to find "heirlooms" or "collectables". These things would not be useful for players but would be delivered to traders in order to improve your trader level and also choose rewards. It is like questing, but instead of something active that you have to start you will get by exploring organically. For instance.: Trader X, let's say, Hugh is a collector of Americana (things of American History). You will find those around in POIs and you will bring to him. As you reach certain thresholds... It improves your trader level and you unlock rewards (specific for each trader). 

2- I hear you there. But it is the same with frames. You can choose a frame shape that fills the entire cube space or a frame shape that will fill like 1/10 of the same space. They will cost the same and have the same durability. This is more like a abstraction than a direct relation. Keep in mind that the double door has double hitbox and the same durability (i need to double check this). Craft is much more driven by the balance of acquire materials than direct immersion. Like for each level of sniper rifle above the first one, it costs 30 more steel to do it. There's a lot of improvement on this too, just keep that in perspective.

3- I understand. Some plats look like they are almost 2D. But it doesn't bother me at all. I don't feel it like a huge visual and immersion impact and in the wild these plants kinda blend in with the grass and other elements. I do agreed more farming options would be nice. It's the smaller crafting skill to improve. Peas would be nice, for instance. 

Hope you are enjoying. 

What I find interesting is that difficulty generally plateaus around the time you are clearing T3 sites regularly. Zombies just can't provide enough variety or quantity to be a challenge in sites after this point, it seems. Players get their first T3 weapons (pump shotgun level or beyond) and can deal with just about any situation.

It will be interesting to see if the inclusion of raiders, who should have ranged capabilities and hopefully a much better AI, provide a proper challenge for later stages of the game.