BloodMoon wont trigger

ixxkevinxxi

I have a server rented through Nitrado and We havent had a bloodmoon trigger after day 14, I have checked all the settings and I cannot figure it out, 

These are the settings for the server:https://pastebin.com/GHcSWdYG

Here is the event log: https://pastebin.com/75M0A9pD

I have looked though the event log to see if there was something from stopping it for occurring and this is all Ive found:

2023-07-18T23:19:21 53830.765 INF DynamicMusic: 171 successfully removed from Bloodmoon state cache

Any help would be very appreciated!

Edited by ixxkevinxxi (see edit history)

Has an admin used the command to change the time? 

Your logs have 2 rows for the next blood moon (which does not match what I see in my server logs, I only have 1);

2023-07-18T08:23:28 77.310 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 42, last day 35, freq 7, range 0

2023-07-18T08:23:28 77.312 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 14, last day 7, freq 7, range 0

My understanding is that a blood moon can end only once (ie once the horde day +1 passes 04:00 the horde is forever over).

So if you use the admin commands to change the time any blood moons you pass will not occur again.

Not 100% sure this is still correct in A21.

Put another way...

If it is currently day 10 and you set the time to day 20 (passing day 14) then set the day back to 10, then the day 14 horde will not happen.

OR

if you are on day 15 and set the day to 13 then the day 14 horde won't happen again.

We did try to set the time back once before. Since we didnt want to progress without each party member being online causing one person to fall behind. I tried using console commands, but I dont think it went through. Im not even sure I have admin privilages on.

3 hours ago, FinkPloyd said:

Has an admin used the command to change the time? 

Your logs have 2 rows for the next blood moon (which does not match what I see in my server logs, I only have 1);

2023-07-18T08:23:28 77.310 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 42, last day 35, freq 7, range 0

2023-07-18T08:23:28 77.312 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 14, last day 7, freq 7, range 0

My understanding is that a blood moon can end only once (ie once the horde day +1 passes 04:00 the horde is forever over).

So if you use the admin commands to change the time any blood moons you pass will not occur again.

Not 100% sure this is still correct in A21.

Put another way...

If it is currently day 10 and you set the time to day 20 (passing day 14) then set the day back to 10, then the day 14 horde will not happen.

OR

if you are on day 15 and set the day to 13 then the day 14 horde won't happen again.

We did try to set the time back once before. Since we didnt want to progress without each party member being online causing one person to fall behind. I tried using console commands, but I dont think it went through. Im not even sure I have admin privilages on.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Setting time is a dangerous command that you should only use in test games. Not in games you want to play.

is there anyway to fix the bloodmoons? I have been trying to research for day and posting to multiple places for assistance. I hope that this save game isnt bugged now.

You could try changing the bloodmoon frequency settings (ie every 6 nights) to see if that fixes the issue.

Or you could try setting the day to 36 - 41, as the first log line says the last bloodmoon was 35 and the next will be day 42

I experimented with a old save but could not reproduce the issue.