Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

I assume it is about this line (for auto shotgun):

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="10" tags="perkBoomstick"/> <!-- damage offset -->

And this line didn't exist in A20 for shotguns while something similar does exist for higher levels of other guns. The initial creator obviously knew of the problem of adding damage to the base damage for the shotgun. Seems like either he forgot why he initially didn't add this line now, or someone new tried to balance it and didn't know.

If they want to cleanly use base_add for the shotgun they probably have to specify the base_damage for shots as the total damage (i.e. 100 for shots) and then divide damage by RoundRayCount (in the C# code where gun shots are handled)

IMHO surely not intentional, needs a bug report. Or maybe @Jugginator is still following this thread.

meganoth

meganoth

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="10" tags="perkBoomstick"/> <!-- damage offset -->

And this line didn't exist in A20 for shotguns while something similar does exist for higher levels of other guns. The initial creator obviously knew of the problem of adding damage to the base damage for the shotgun. Seems like either he forgot why he initially didn't add this line now, or someone new tried to balance it and didn't know.

IMHO surely not intentional, needs a bug report. Or maybe @Jugginator is still following this thread.

meganoth

meganoth

IMHO surely not intentional, needs a bug report.

meganoth

meganoth

And this line didn't exist in A20 for shotguns while it does for higher levels of other guns. The initial creator obviously knew of the problem of adding damage to the base damage for the shotgun. Seems like either he forgot why he initially didn't add this line now, or someone new tried to balance it and didn't know.

IMHO surely not intentional, needs a bug report.