(A21) Chambers Mods (archery mods first)

Chambers

The A21 version of my mods.

INTRODUCTION

(feel free to skip)

The below is a series of mods excerpted from my Overhaul mod. And because these mods are excerpts, their structure can sometimes appear to be a little off when ported directly into the vanilla game. Primarily this has to do with the fact that the Overhaul has an additional Tech Level introduced in between T0 Stone and T1 Iron, which means -- when porting these mods over to vanilla -- there's a few extra items dumped onto T0 and T1 than would be there under proper rpg progression rules.

But more to the point of the mods themselves, the overall concept of my Overhaul was to take all of the mods that everyone has done (so, same as usual for Overhauls to this point) and then integrate them onto the character sheet. That integration means, all of the new stuff is introduced with separate skills under the existing rules of rpg progression, instead of just being inserted into a few existing skills. And in order to make that happen, a number of new skills had to be added to the game. So many skills, in fact, that it entailed making an entire new attribute, which meant rebalancing all of the skills across six attributes. And as long as I was going that far, figured might as well reorganize the skills under a Post Apocalypse rpg setup (Hunter, Mad Scientist...) instead of a High Fantasy (Strength, Dexterity...) rpg setup. So I did, and there you have it.

Howsoever, while most of the mods assembled into the Overhaul were all of yours, I did add a few mods of my own. Which is what I begin to excerpt below.

Additional Arrows

Adds scrap arrows made from glass and fiberglass arrows made from, well, fiberglass (or in this case military fiberglass). Now with a new model for the fiberglass arrow - many thanks to  momoe.

Spoiler

A21 Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaDrYiwu44495lu7UQuGqLO9Tn29bqfy/view?usp=drive_link

I am a fan of archery. As in, IRL.

And thus, entering into 7dtd, I wondered where glass arrowheads were. Now, you might be thinking, “wha???” But glass arrowheads are quite effective. Don’t believe me? Here’s a video:

Thing of it is, people used to use flint and obsidian (nature’s glass) to make arrowheads because they are easy to shape and hold an edge. But they aren’t the strongest stones in the world – kinda the point. In comparison to those old stone arrowheads, glass fits right in in strength and malleability.

And the thing of it is, in a post-apocalyptic survival situation, high-quality glass is really easy to come by, and really easy to make arrowheads from.

While we’re on the subject, where’s lightweight modern arrows. Now both exist.

The scrap arrow sits between the stone arrow and iron arrow in usefulness, and it is more difficult to craft than stone, but way easier than iron, requiring only a campfire. Fiberglass, on the other hand, requires military fiber as an ingredient and is thus very difficult to craft, but is a better arrow than even steel.

ZvpRPRZ.jpg

8rPCs1O.jpg

dVBUMMe.jpg

NEW ARROWS

Scrap Arrow

Scrap Bolt

Fiberglass Arrow

Fiberglass Bolt