Built base on road and it is cut in half?

SenLim

I built a horde base on road (A21 navezgane) (coordinate -355.2, 61.1, 458.1) and I'm on day 11.

I came back from scavenging and found this base was "cut in half". This base is not near any POI.

It had a single block width for zombies to "get in line to be whacked". It was 11-block long and 5-block high. It was made of cobblestone (bottom two) and wood.

This part of base is gone. There are no rubbles on the ground or any sign of damage elsewhere.

It had a support post of same material at 6th block (in the middle). It survived the first horde (day 7).

Did this happen because it was on road?

Thanks.

Edit: I now see two damaged posts. Could it be a wandering horde took out the middle support post and thus crumbled the entire "ramp"?

Where are the rubbles?

Edited by SenLim (see edit history)

There are files in your savegame that define for each area what is changed from the initial world. If you delete such a file or the file becomes gibberish because of a failed write or a game crash then the area resets to the initial state.

I would guess your base was sitting between two areas and one of the two area files got damaged. Normally this does not happen, except when the game crashes or the PC is too slow for the game.