Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
hiemfire

hiemfire

33 minutes ago, faatal said:

Trigger volumes are new and POI designers want sleeper volume zombies to attack you when triggered that way. There is no stealth check like an attack sleeper volume has. I play agility/stealth, but never expect it to work 100% of the time. My solution is fight them head on or run away, lose them and come back, then stealth kill them as triggers only happen once. Repeat as necessary.

Nothing is locked in stone. All values in the game are candidates for tweaking. I think we have made balance adjustments to every stable release, since I have been working here and I'm sure 21.1 will have some adjustments as we play more and get more feedback.

First part has me boiling a bit but I won't go into it. All I'm going to suggest is, if the stealth perks are kept in game, before you guys tweak things involving volumes to balance things out try and figure out what the hell is up with what @Jugginator demonstrated in their vid they shared involving zombies being able to collide with and push around a sneaking player or have a suppressed mag dumped next to their head by a sneaking player and remain oblivious to the player being a possible target. Iirc Jugginator's point for the vid was demonstrating that the "breadcrumbs" system does work well, which it did, but what the zombies were doing reminds me of sneaking around unperked in iron and steel at lvl 50+ and not waking up anything weaker than a rad in A19, which is a problem. Addressing it the other way around (volumes then base sneak issues) strikes me a likely to cause twice the work to get to the same place.

Just incase they haven't been able to ping the rest of you on your side things with what they've been seeing and if you hadn't noticed it yourself here is the link for the vid they shared earlier that I'm referring to.

hiemfire

hiemfire

15 minutes ago, faatal said:

Trigger volumes are new and POI designers want sleeper volume zombies to attack you when triggered that way. There is no stealth check like an attack sleeper volume has. I play agility/stealth, but never expect it to work 100% of the time. My solution is fight them head on or run away, lose them and come back, then stealth kill them as triggers only happen once. Repeat as necessary.

Nothing is locked in stone. All values in the game are candidates for tweaking. I think we have made balance adjustments to every stable release, since I have been working here and I'm sure 21.1 will have some adjustments as we play more and get more feedback.

First part has me boiling a bit but I won't go into it. All I'm going to suggest is, if the stealth perks are kept in game, before you guys tweak things involving volumes to balance things out try and figure out what the hell is up with what @Jugginator demonstrated in their vid they shared involving zombies being able to collide with and push around a sneaking player or have a suppressed mag dumped next to their head by a sneaking player and remain oblivious to the player being a possible target. Iirc Jugginator's point for the vid was demonstrating that the "breadcrumbs" system does work well, which it did, but what the zombies were doing reminds me of sneaking around unperked in iron and steel at lvl 50+ and not waking up anything weaker than a rad in A19, which is a problem. Addressing it the other way around (volumes then base sneak issues) strikes me a likely to cause twice the work to get to the same place.

Just incase they haven't been able to ping ther rest of you on your side with what they've been seeing and if you hadn't noticed it yourself here is the link for the vid they shared earlier that I'm referring to.