Blocks for filling corners between 3/4 and .25 Cube blocks?

Evil_Geoff

I am in the process of trying to build  a replica of the Washington Monument... Yeah, ambitious, I know.  It actually is looking pretty good, but there is an issue I have run into.  The pics are pretty self-explanatory, but still I will try to give details of the issue.  The monument is not strictly vertical, it does narrow the taller it goes.  So I used the narrow wedges aligned vertically to create layers.  The problem is filling the gaps at the corners of the monument where the .25 cube layers meet, and where the 3/4 cubes meet.

A pole is to narrow for .25 cube layers, and the 1/4 cube, while perfect for the 1/2 cube layers, is way to small for the 3/4 cube layers.

Any ideas?  I really don't want to put any more time or effort into it if I'm going to have to settle for a Minecraft looking POS.

Fill_Piece.25.jpg

Fill_Piece.jpg

WashMon014.jpg

If this should have gone in the Prefabs section, please move it.

Unfortunately I don't know, and I'm assuming you looked at all the pyramid shapes on the different tabs.  But man, it looks good, so i wouldn't stop creating what you are creating even if you can't get it fixed!  I would love to see this POI on the horizon all of a sudden in a game!

I'm going to make two versions - One all nice and pristine that's going to get submitted to the next edition of the CompoPack.

And the second?  Going to be all beat up with pieces missing and random antenna dishes hanging on it that I'll donate to bdubyah for The Wasteland overhaul.