Have the Animal Tracker perk also track slain animals for a short time

3Davideo

It can be useful to use the Animal Tracker perk to hunt animals for meat, leather, and feathers, as (valid) animals will show up on your compass within a larger radius and directly on your screen in a smaller radius. However, once the animal is killed, the signal completely disappears, making it a bit difficult to track down the corpse for harvesting - especially if the animal is small and the grass is tall. I propose that the signal instead persists for a few seconds after the animal is killed, so the would-be hunter can more easily find their slain quarry.

Nothing more frustrating than killing a rabbit and then losing it among the grass. Hell, I've lost sight of a deer I killed once and couldn't find it. How TF do you lose a dead deer? 

I've learned that once I kill an animal to never take my aim view off of the area I killed it at and to walk in a straight line towards it until I get to it. Any deviation from this and I can kiss that kill goodbye half of the time. 

28 minutes ago, Jinx_DG said:

How TF do you lose a dead deer? 

Not too hard IRL, though that is because you have a chance to wound it and have it bleed out.  Here, it may be wounded, but it'll survive if you don't actually kill it, so no need to run for a long time looking for it.  So maybe they just want to add a bit of realism to the game. 😁

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 5:58 AM, 3Davideo said:

It can be useful to use the Animal Tracker perk to hunt animals for meat, leather, and feathers, as (valid) animals will show up on your compass within a larger radius and directly on your screen in a smaller radius. However, once the animal is killed, the signal completely disappears, making it a bit difficult to track down the corpse for harvesting - especially if the animal is small and the grass is tall. I propose that the signal instead persists for a few seconds after the animal is killed, so the would-be hunter can more easily find their slain quarry.

I'll second that.