Request\find mod? Way to sort recipes in workstations\inventory

fireidar

Hi guys I was wondering if it was possible to create or if someone had already made a mod to sort out the many recipes you can have in your crafting menu in both your backpack or when accessing a bench\campfire. I currently have A LOT of mods that mostly include cooking and work benches and have even added my own recipes, and even made it so most of the recipes I had can be cooked at either the campfire, oven or something else. HOWEVER this posses the problem of having a mess of recipes for ALL the benches obvious to have to go through, just to find something, even with the name. I wanted to know if there was a mod that could make it so if I say went into the campfire-I would only get campfire recipes (unless I back out). Is this doable or if it has been done, where can I find it please? If someone who knows how could tell me how to do it myself, or even do it for me I would greatly appreciate it and even 'donate' their Patreon for it?

11 hours ago, fireidar said:

and how do I do that?

Typically it works this way

• Recipes of items made in workbenches are better (faster, less materials, alt recipes, or combination of the 3) than from your backpack
  • With mods that have progressive workbenches (like Darkness Falls), the higher tier workbench is better to use for crafting typically
  • Bundle recipes typically are better as you get more output with fewer inputs

To figure out where to make an item, open your backpack and type it in the search bar.   If their are multiple crafting locations or different recipes, you will see those in your search query.  Anything requiring a workbench will have the appropriate symbol on the right side of the item indicating what workstation is required (not sure if this is setup to work as default for mods that introduce their own workstations)

As for a mod, I don't think you will find a modder willing to take on this project.  Something like this would require c# coding.  In addition, trying to get a mod to work with other mods not done by the author would be a time consuming and frustrating experience.  Throw in the fact that if the mod was created to work with 10 specific mods, any user that doesn't use all of those 10 mods will experience issues when trying to use the mod.