Trying to make a better bellows. Any way to buff smelting speed?

Taien

I've already added a third slot to my forges for input items, but I'm trying to provide another way that players can make it go faster.  I've created an item called "Superior Bellows" and I want to make it usable in the forge, but I can't find where to add it.  I duplicated the original bellows exactly but the new item won't go into the bellows slot.  I imagine this is because somewhere there's a line of code that specifies only the toolBellows item for that slot.  Is there a way to alter this with XML?  I've already tried creating a skill in the tree for CraftingSmeltTime but it has no effect on the forge.  I'm assuming because the forge is in possession of the bellows usually and thus the buff is being applied to the forge, not the player.  So...is there any way to buff smelting speed?

4 hours ago, Taien said:

I've already added a third slot to my forges for input items, but I'm trying to provide another way that players can make it go faster.  I've created an item called "Superior Bellows" and I want to make it usable in the forge, but I can't find where to add it.  I duplicated the original bellows exactly but the new item won't go into the bellows slot.  I imagine this is because somewhere there's a line of code that specifies only the toolBellows item for that slot.  Is there a way to alter this with XML?  I've already tried creating a skill in the tree for CraftingSmeltTime but it has no effect on the forge.  I'm assuming because the forge is in possession of the bellows usually and thus the buff is being applied to the forge, not the player.  So...is there any way to buff smelting speed?

There are mods out there now where smelting speed is increased. Am sure if you have a look you will find them in the modding section. You should be able to have a look at those and see how they did it.

Ok, I did my research.  In case anyone comes here looking for this answer in the future...

As far as I can tell, you can't set multiple possible items for forge tool slots unless you get rid of the restriction that only matching items can be placed there.  So the solution (which others have done) is to create a second forge, which uses different items for its tool slots.  The tool slots are in XUi/windows.xml.  It's best to create a separate tool window for the second forge you've made and then assign it to your custom forge in XUi/xui.xml.