loot abundance - i think not enough options, what are other peoples thoughts ?

Tetrameth

Can we please get an option to fine tweak the loot abundance, the whole 'survival' aspect of this game relies very heavily upon this, and aside from zombies, the amount and types of loot that spawn is a massive (might i say the biggest) influence of the difficulty of the game. I find 50% to be too much, but 25% is too little. Something like a 1-100 slider bar would be perfect, as anything above 100%, you may as well be playing the game in creative mode A menu with separate sliders for the frequency of each commodity could be really nice too, this way you could balance things to your choosing eg: make guns as rare as hens teeth, but food or water in abundance, or vice versa depending on your style of play.

I think at the present time the loot abundance is correct however I would like to see sniper rifles and machine guns not exclusively limited to the munitions boxes I prefer to play with the loot respawn off, They should be harder to find than regular firearms but it wouldn't be unrealistic to come across them on bodies or normal gunsafes, munitions boxes is where id expect to be finding rocket launchers and rockets + lots of ammo. I feel that would help improve the fun factor some. I just don't like the idea of being restricted to army bases for the advanced guns.

It's not really the loot that's the problem, it's the obstacles to getting to the loot. Zombie AI for example is really bad right now. If the zombies made it more difficult to find loot, and if they spawned more often on the servers, it'd be much, much more difficult to survive. I feel like the zombie count is spread throughout the entire map (where players are), rather then per biome. And to make my point (I have said this before, I know) I played a game on a server last night with a couple of mates. I joined the server late so I had just started while everyone else were set up. I was scavenging supplies to make my trip to them, and I only came across a single zombie hornet the entire time, which stalked me everywhere cause I couldn't find a weapon or enough parts to craft one. Anyway when my mates headed off to bed and left the server. I was last in the server. I had 15 zombies spawn at once in my area. If that's not coincidental I don't know what is.

I agree that loot needs balancing. We need less loot from zombies, more loot types found in trash and more "realistic" loot drops (backpacks etc). It may help if houses that are stocked to the brim look like someone still lives there and houses that maybe have a can of peas look ransacked.

I would like to be able to put the loot lower than 25%. I am able to do it with my server but not with a private game. I am used to the loot being .025% or whatever it was before they fixed it. With it now actually at 25% it's crazy how much stuff I find. A slider would be nice or even a xml file I can alter and change it myself like on my server.

[QUOTE=Tetrameth;131752]if you played on insane, you would probably know[/QUOTE] I just said I do. Insane zombies are still super easy to drop. 1-2 rifle or sledge hammer hits to the head still drops the majority of them. My chainsaw to the face drops ice and bloated pretty fast too. Which is good because I live in an ice biome border next to a wasteland.

Archived