Request from a new player

KixAcelot

New player here and while I typically don't play games like these, holy hell am I loving this one. Learning curve for sure but still really into it.

My humble request, and sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum-- Can you please have a "Are you sure?" function with picking up the forge? Just learned the hard way when trying to move everything from my first temporary base to a more permanent settlement. I'm going to hazard a guess there will be other similar moments in the future.

This one bugs me for sure. All other workstations prevent you from picking them up if there are items in the output. While the forge does the same, it does not consider smelted material as "output". However, there is no warning that you are going to lose that material when you pick it up.

I assume losing that material is by design. They don't want you to "store" material in there to easily move it from one location to another. Same reason why you can't pick up storage containers with items inside. Long ago I mentioned in another post that you shouldn't be penalized for moving the forge. There is a lot more investment into smelting material into a forge compared to putting loot in a box. You've spent time and resources to smelt it. Since you've already paid that price, I don't see it as an imbalance to be able to move the forge and keep the smelted material. Otherwise, if you need to move the forge, you have to spend more resources to get it back out.

At the very least, though, I agree with you. There needs to be a warning or it needs to prevent you from picking it up in the first place.