Keyboard was fully disabled during gameplay

Meiya

Not sure if this has been posted before, while playing coop with my friend we both experienced an encounter where both of our keyboards quit working entirely in the game.

This is a pretty bad bug, you can't esc out or alt tab, nothing registers, you can still move your mouse around but the only way to fix this was to hard shut down my computer as I couldn't exit the game normally.

This happened during normal game play, no mods or anything, this has happened twice, the fact that it happened to both of us at the same time means this is not on our end with our computer's settings.

When you try to press any key, you hear a clicking or tapping noise, if you've ever played FNAF it sorta sounds like the doors when you try to close them when an animatronic is in the door preventing you from closing it.  Sorry, wasn't sure how else to describe it.

I have 7000 hours playing and it has not happened to me once so even though I believe you experienced this, it doesn't seem to be a common occurrence. I'm not sure if a keyboard error would show in your log but it might be worth a look to see if something is noted. Also, are you playing on a lan with your friend, one of you hosting a game or are you playing on a dedicated server. Also, what is the keyboard you and your friend are using? These problems can be really difficult to pinpoint so I'm just tossing out some ideas. Others may have different suggestions.