Anyone ever tried starting a new game with a high initial game stage?

Zartanio

I've been thinking about trying a challenge concept but I was wondering if anyone has worked through some initial setting issues already.

What if Navezgane is actually a dystopian prison where you are dumped to live out (or not) the rest of your days? It would make more sense that all the zombie types would already be present at a higher level. 

I'm interested in starting a game with a game stage in which the tougher zombies are already present. I would imagine that you'd have to start the game avoiding zombies as much as possible, stealth would be critical early on, and you'd have to really pick and choose tiny POI's to build up initial supplies. Loot stage I would think would start normally, or you'd just start finding high level items on day one which is just the fast path to end game. I would anticipate slow shuffling zombies, because you'd have to be able to outrun the herd or it would be over fast.  Ferals might jog?

This idea also makes the traders make more sense in my head. They are the prisoners who survived. 

Has anyone tried this, what settings did you use and how did the game scale over time?