RTX 3090

DDR4 3200

Running Windows 10 Pro, all upto date.

All water cooled, mild overclocking

1080P FPS is from 35 to over 100

4K FPS is from 45 to over 100

GPU Usage is from about 45% to 99%

CPU Usage is from about 8% to over 20%

This is the only game that is doing this, I can play Dying Light 2 in 4K with ray tracing on at better FPS than this, the strange this is that it is getting worse over time.

I am rnning a few mods including Darkness falls. Before you suggest it, I have played without any mods and the result is the same.

Steam launch options:

-useallcores -useallavailablecores

I have tried with and without them, no change.

EDIT: I have just tried without them and there was problem that has been solved and that is when I talk to a trader there is a lag/pause before I can access either jobs or their inventory. So, it does appear to be one of the mods, but which is a job for tomorrow

I have tried without anti-virus, no change

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

I'm running nearly identical rig.....5950x and rtx 3090 with 32 gigs of 3800 ram. I'm running at 4K with most settings maxed and run a pretty steady 125 fps, with drops to 80 during horde nite. I get no stutters, it runs smooth as silk. The settings that I have that are not ultra are:

dynamic resolution->off

vsync->off

antialiasing->off

texture quality->medium

UMA texture filtering->medium

reflective shadows->off

reflecttion quality->off

water quality->low

shadow distance->low

grass distance->medium

bloom->off

depth of field->off

motion blur->off

SS reflections->off

I may be able to turn some of these features on or max, I just haven't messed with it further. You could try these video settings and it should steady your frame rate since our machines are so similar. The x5950 is only about a 10% improvement over the x5900, my ram isn't much better than yours. My rtx 3090 is factory overclocked(MSI rtx 3090 Suprim) which is just marginally better than base models. I'm currently not running my overclocked profile so that isn't affecting anything. In my opinion, anything to do with shadows causes major performance issues so I'd at least start there.

9 minutes ago, Star69 said:

I'm running nearly identical rig.....5950x and rtx 3090 with 32 gigs of 3800 ram. I'm running at 4K with most settings maxed and run a pretty steady 125 fps, with drops to 80 during horde nite. I get no stutters, it runs smooth as silk. The settings that I have that are not ultra are:

dynamic resolution->off

vsync->off

antialiasing->off

texture quality->medium

UMA texture filtering->medium

reflective shadows->off

reflecttion quality->off

water quality->low

shadow distance->low

grass distance->medium

bloom->off

depth of field->off

motion blur->off

SS reflections->off

I may be able to turn some of these features on or max, I just haven't messed with it further. You could try these video settings and it should steady your frame rate since our machines are so similar. The x5950 is only about a 10% improvement over the x5900, my ram isn't much better than yours. My rtx 3090 is factory overclocked(MSI rtx 3090 Suprim) which is just marginally better than base models. I'm currently not running my overclocked profile so that isn't affecting anything. In my opinion, anything to do with shadows causes major performance issues so I'd at least start there.

Thank you for that. I have just had a quick go with your settings and it appears to be holding up over 100. I will do a good test, or, an excuse to play the game when I get up in the morning.

Night time in the uk and I need my ugly sleep

UPDATE:

So far so good getting what I expect now instead of a slideshow and when I remembered  to turn OFF dynamic resolution. Before I turned that off about 45fps, turned off nice and smooth and fast.

Once again thank you