Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

12 hours ago, faatal said:

It adds 2 at level 1 and that number goes up to 10 at level 5 like so:
<passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="2,10" tags="sledgeSkill"/>

There are some that only have 3 or 4 levels.

The base value is 1, so if there were 10 items in the list, each being 1 they would add up to 10, with each being a 10% chance. Adding 1 would make it a 2 out of 11, so now a 18% chance and so on. I think there are 23 magazines in the full list.

Your sample size of you vs them is not large, so randomness could be a big factor in what you saw.

@faatalSo someone who puts two perk points into the sledge will get his 100th sledge magazine at the same time all other magazines are at about 20 (with exceptions). Did you (i.e. TFP) change the design criteria of the perk boost from being just a safety measure into a game mechanism?

If you wanted to speed up crafting without the player having to deal with hundreds of recipes, wouldn't it have been better to halve the amount of needed recipes? Or reduce the amount of different magazines, i.e. just one for all weapons of an attribute (like you already do it with INT).

Is the team ok with the consequence that by perking into other boost perks you are actually greatly slowing down the crafting progress in some perk you specced into?

Sorry for asking you about design, but atm you are the only one available.

meganoth

meganoth

12 hours ago, faatal said:

It adds 2 at level 1 and that number goes up to 10 at level 5 like so:
<passive_effect name="LootProb" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="2,10" tags="sledgeSkill"/>

There are some that only have 3 or 4 levels.

The base value is 1, so if there were 10 items in the list, each being 1 they would add up to 10, with each being a 10% chance. Adding 1 would make it a 2 out of 11, so now a 18% chance and so on. I think there are 23 magazines in the full list.

Your sample size of you vs them is not large, so randomness could be a big factor in what you saw.

@faatalSo someone who puts two perk points into the sledge will get his 100th sledge magazine at the same time all other magazines are at about 20 (with exceptions). Did you (i.e. TFP) change the design criteria of the perk boost from being just a safety measure into a game mechanism?

If you wanted to speed up crafting without the player having to deal with hundreds of recipes, wouldn't it have been better to halve the amount of needed recipes? Or reduce the amount of different magazines, i.e. just one for all weapons of an attribute (like you already do it with INT).

Sorry for asking you about design, but atm you are the only one available.