Sleeping or speeding up time

tilarium

This might already exist and I just haven't figured it out yet (only had the game for a day) but night time gets very boring. Very very boring just waiting for the night to end so I can get back out and scavenge some more. Would be nice if there's a way to speed up the time or sleep or something like that to make the time pass quicker. It's worth noting I've only played single player thus far.

there is no method, (other than the percentage night setting in game setup options) to speed up or skip night time. This is by design as the main danger of the game is meant to be from the night, when zombies can run. If they gave the option to skip the night time by sleeping, they would be invalidating the whole purpose of the game, (loot during the day, survive super zeds at night). The best option currently is to play a 60 minute 24 hour cycle, (or 30 minute, but I like 60 better) with night set to 20%. That way you either get a 12 or 6 minute night period. Or you can open the debug menu and speed up time that way if you have to. I usually set up a good base during the first day or two, (fully upgraded wall of either wood or cobblestone, with a ledge to stop spider zombies, and pine tips in a trench around my wall). Once my base is set up I save most of my crafting/cooking/forging for night time. If your walled in area is big enough, the small noises from interacting with containers will mostly go unnoticed. the few zeds that do hear you will be killed by the pine tips. Mining during the night is also a good option as once you get several layers down you are pretty much safe. you just have to secure your entrance some way. The trick is to find the things that are safe to do at night in your base. that way you aren't just sitting in the corner waiting for the sun to come up. as to proper base design, you can either dig an underground base, (time consuming but low on resource requirements) or build a simple outpost base. I usually build an outpost style base. It takes quite a bit of resources for the best wall, but wood walls can be built and upgraded fairly easily and are fairly strong once upgraded. For the outpost, as long as you are in a biome that doesn't have bees, (i usually operate out of a forest) you don't need a ceiling. A 3 block high wall with an outward facing ledge will keep all zombies from getting in, (except if they destroy the wall). To protect the wall, wood spike, or pine tips can be placed in a trench dug around the wall's edge. spikes are good but get damaged as they hurt zeds while pine tips do less damage but don't degrade unless attacked and can be upgraded like wood frame walls. I find two layers of pine tips in a trench 1 block deep everywhere except directly in front of your doorway outside is good enough to stop most zombies before they do significant damage to your wall. This outpost style base takes a couple in game days to set up but works really well until you gather more resources for a better wall. A single block thick fully upgraded cobblestone wall can last 20 minutes or more against 30+ normal zeds attacking at once, (tested this myself).

re night time play, I'm very active as I find this the most fun time to play with the zed's. Just go out with minimum stuff and see what you can do, worse case you die and re-spawn at base. If I'm not doing that then I'm building, crafting etc anyhow. The game is at it's best, at night.

[QUOTE=Shoshin;129085]re night time play, I'm very active as I find this the most fun time to play with the zed's. Just go out with minimum stuff and see what you can do, worse case you die and re-spawn at base. If I'm not doing that then I'm building, crafting etc anyhow. The game is at it's best, at night.[/QUOTE] This is also a good option. Especially once you have gun molds and lots of ammo. only carry the gun, and maybe some coffee bottles, (for that perma sprint goodness). have ammo food water and meds in the pack so you don't drop them on your eventual death lol. would be a great way to practice anti zed combat lol

If you don't like night and are SP Log out Set to 10 minutes Start game but don't enter and wait 3-5 minutes (Not sure actual amount) Then make a game with 240 or some other high number hour day/nights But skipping night was the biggest mistake minecraft ever made, hate to see 7days make it too.

[QUOTE=Vinyl;129120] But skipping night was the biggest mistake minecraft ever made, hate to see 7days make it too.[/QUOTE] agreed, especially since night is supposed to be the main danger in 7DTD. you might as well play the game without zombies if you want to skip night entirely. that or either set them to always walk.

[QUOTE=legolas141;129129]agreed, especially since night is supposed to be the main danger in 7DTD. you might as well play the game without zombies if you want to skip night entirely. that or either set them to always walk.[/QUOTE] Always walk is an option too...Then the only problem with dark is if your afraid of it. I see voxel like games or games inspired from them that have night skip are usually done by people not knowing what they are doing... think Terraria vs starbound.

Archived