Mining efficiency question

POCKET951

On 2/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, Jinx_DG said:

Do you happen to know the hp of each ore type/stone? The wannabe math wiz in me thinks there could be a calculation that would solve this. When doing your tests there are "player" interactions that could effect the test outcome in either + or - ways resulting in a faulty conclusion. 

With that said, I do have a genuine curiosity question for you please. Why does knowing the answer that important to you? Is it just knowing? or Is doing the most "efficient" way a driving factor to how/why you play? These questions are not snarky nor a belittlement to why you want to know. I personally don't feel nor understand the need to be efficient or maximize [insert whatever] to the max, but I can remember at one time earlier in my years wanting/doing so with a different game. Think spreadsheets...... On mobile.... for a mobile game. o.0  I just can't recall why. I have these same questions for those that constantly switch between nerdy and looting shades. I just don't get it. <shrugs> 

I just want to be as efficient as possible. It is simple as that. 

I am surprised no one has linked to the Youtube video going over this exact topic.

Another thing to consider is that Augers use gas, which means you either have to mine oil shale or harvest cars, thus reducing efficiency. However one trip to the desert for the oil is sufficient to last you a long time, and harvesting cars provides more than just gas, so this effect is minimal.

Also a steel axe requires points in sexrex to get the full benefit, while the auger needs none of that. Being able to tech into lvl 5 miner 69er and mother lode 3-4 points faster is definitely a plus for me.

7 minutes ago, Shi-an said:

I am surprised no one has linked to the Youtube video going over this exact topic.

Another thing to consider is that Augers use gas, which means you either have to mine oil shale or harvest cars, thus reducing efficiency. However one trip to the desert for the oil is sufficient to last you a long time, and harvesting cars provides more than just gas, so this effect is minimal.

Also a steel axe requires points in sexrex to get the full benefit, while the auger needs none of that. Being able to tech into lvl 5 miner 69er and mother lode 3-4 points faster is definitely a plus for me.

I didn't even know of this video till now, it supports my data and testing though. rock solid video

• 4 months later...

Steel pickaxe has been nerfed a lot in the last few Alphas.

I remember the times back in A15 when I could 1-hit a stone block with it. Nowadays my tier VI pickaxe with 4 mods installed can only destroy stone block in 3(!) hits, which is absolutely ludicrous