Steam Deck supported

teisharocz

• 3 weeks later...

So, I found this, which I’m not sure is official or not… apparently people scraping a db of games?

https://www.pcguide.com/steam-deck/faq/verified-and-playable-games/

look at the table toward the bottom. 7D2D is listed as “playable” but that is a middle ground and there may be issues (small text, certain things are weird). According to a page on the Steam deck site this is the difference between verified and playable, and other statuses (https://www.steamdeck.com/en/verifie

apparently they’re working on a way for your to see if it’s compatible with games in your existing library (today it seems you can only see this in your library if you’re using the Steam deck itself). 

also: Apparently 7D2D is now? listed as to what is not "great" about Steam Deck compatibility (image below)... the little note at the bottom "does not support cross platform saved games".. is interesting as the Deck is a custom Linux build.... but I'm assuming they really mean "console vs PC" and not "windows vs Mac vs Linux".  Also: the 7D2D mod launcher probably won't load on this natively (wine, etc) but they indicate its "a PC" and you can do whatever you want with it so in theory you could download mods and manually put them in... but any mod not working on Linux is likely not going to work well.  and I assume people aren't going to want to wipe the OS and install windows on it.

Additionally: From a Factorio post ( someone literally playing Factorio on the deck, and they official forum announcements) they (Factorio devs) indicate that Factorio plays well, but the "non mouse/keyboard" aspect of the deck takes getting used to for a game like Factorio which does not have controller support (saw a video, and it looked not so easy to deal with, using touch screen for some things, extra button combos to do others.  They indicate they are working on this, but it may take awhile as you have to build a ... Steam mapping profile? for the controller and map everything.

Anyway, I believe 7Days has native controller support, or at least maybe the "mapping" is already done?  If nothing else, the default "feel" is likely to be just like the console version, but since there are more buttons maybe you can tweak the mapping for this or the community will make available a mapping profile.. not really sure as I don't play Steam games with controller.  But, it still feels promising (crossing all 10 fingers awkwardly) as 7 Days doesn't normally have a lot of "typing in stuff" other than searching through recipes

7D2d_SteamDeck.png

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

I starts and runs on Steam Deck, but it's hard to control the game.

Also it is hard to aim with the controls (but perhaps a aimbot feature could help here). 

However if you use a usb-dock with the deck so you get a mouse, keyboard and monitor (then it works just like on a pc).

But I guess if you create a keymap for the buttons that makes sense it would be possible to play on the move.

(Perhaps someone have a good one, or any good idea on what button to connect to what function.)

1 hour ago, BlinkF said:

However if you use a usb-dock with the deck so you get a mouse, keyboard and monitor (then it works just like on a pc).

I was a little bit to fast on this one.

My mouse did not work in the actual game, it works normally on the start and configuration screens. but when you start the screen the aim goes toward the ground and then just spin when you move the mouse. It's just like the game thinks my mouse is some other input device.

Just an FYI: The Mod Dev of Darkness Falls, Khaine, bought the deck and got the game to play at a fashion he was happy with. Not sure what he did or how he did it, something about downloading a diff os system to it I think, anyways if you search on his DF Discord you'll find his convo's about it. It was a bit technical for my understanding so mostly just glossed over it. 

Found a workaround for now, apparently it works in desktop mode.

What this guy was describing in his game was the same as I got.

Mouse broken in game mode.

Mouse works in desktop mode.

So it seems to be something how game mode handles mouse input.