The Freehold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/24/2023 at 9:02 PM, OpenWindow said:

Could you make a reduce heatmap mod for weapons and tools. Ex. all guns, auger & chainsaw? maybe harvesting poi resource piles as well? I cant explore a single poi without having screamers spawn

If I find some time, I can probably do that.  All of the things you mentioned are in the sounds.xml.

Edit - Just any FYI there are 248 different sounds that when triggered add to the heat map, so keep that in mind please.

Edited by The Freehold
Additional Information (see edit history)

I have a working mod that reduces all the sound heatmap values and the times they stay active.  I am working on a more targeted sound heatmap reduction mod, that will only reduce the heatmap and time values of weapons and explosions, but leave all other sound heatmap values unchanged.

I've requested the mod page be updated with the new files and description, so hopefully they will be available on 7daystodiemods shortly.  In the meantime, they are live on NexusMods.

Hello, I'm downloading the 'Reduced Heatmap' mod on '7daystodiemods', and there isn't a installation instruction there. The .rar file has a 'Config' folder and 'modinfo.xml' file. Do I place both of those in my 'Mods' folder for my server and clients? Or is there another location for those?
Also, do I create a folder called "Reduced Heatmap" to place both the 'config' folder and ' XML' in first before placing it within the 'mods' folder (if thats the correct location)?
Thank you.

Edited by MKrame Ultra (see edit history)

5 hours ago, MKrame Ultra said:

Hello, I'm downloading the 'Reduced Heatmap' mod on '7daystodiemods', and there isn't a installation instruction there. The .rar file has a 'Config' folder and 'modinfo.xml' file. Do I place both of those in my 'Mods' folder for my server and clients? Or is there another location for those?
Also, do I create a folder called "Reduced Heatmap" to place both the 'config' folder and ' XML' in first before placing it within the 'mods' folder (if thats the correct location)?
Thank you.

Yes, they need to be in a folder inside the mods folder.  The folder doesn't have to be named Reduced Heatmap.

• 1 month later...