Invert Function For Powered Items Should Be A Thing

Armitage

I don't quite understand why there's no ability to invert what a powered item does when it's powered. I'm trying to set up a powered drawbridge so that it's always down until it gets a signal from a motion sensor (I'm using the drawbridge as a giant hatch to close off a vehicle ramp to my bunker). It really makes no sense that you can't, I dunno, hit the powered item with the wiring tool to invert it's behaviour. Really annoying because I wasted a lot of resources and time altering my ramp to suit the drawbridge and means I have to rely on getting out of my 4x4 or gyro to manually open and close the drawer bridge (meaning I have to destroy the powered one I installed already and replace it with the unpowered variety).

So, an "inverted" turret would only fire when it doesn't receive power? Inverted blade trap the same? Turn off the generator and your traps start running? ;)

Basically, all the electronics are working on a really simple logic, which doesn't really allow for a "not". Would make more sense for doors than traps, but it kinda is what it is.

You can technically overload a generator to turn "something" off when powering up something else, but that's such a hassle I wouldn't try. Even if you get it right at a point

For just functionality, you could make the bridge-door be open by default and only close upon spotting a threat by using cameras to detect zeds, but that's not the point of course, doesn't feel half as nice. It would keep you safe, but just always be open - and you would need a secondary entrance or some fancy setup to open it manually. For that, a camera that detects you opening hatches that block the cameras that spotted the zeds might work, but talk about complicated ... :)