player died instantly when joining dedi server

sgtotaku

I have a dedicated server that I play on with a few friends, and I was informed by one of my players that they logged in and instantly died. he said he was at low health before he previously logged off, but not bleeding out. I even checked the logs, and I found nothing to show why he died. is this a bug or just some weird feature I need to change?

Here is the pastebin for the complete log for today. LINK. the random death occured at about 13:07, quite a ways down the log. I apologize for the length of the log, and I have cleaned all steam/EOS ids and IPs out of the . This same player was also mentioning he kept getting timeouts, and I am noticing some warnings for timeouts, right before the game logs him off. could these issues be related?

On 1/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, sgtotaku said:

I have a dedicated server that I play on with a few friends, and I was informed by one of my players that they logged in and instantly died. he said he was at low health before he previously logged off, but not bleeding out. I even checked the logs, and I found nothing to show why he died. is this a bug or just some weird feature I need to change?

Here is the pastebin for the complete log for today. LINK. the random death occured at about 13:07, quite a ways down the log. I apologize for the length of the log, and I have cleaned all steam/EOS ids and IPs out of the . This same player was also mentioning he kept getting timeouts, and I am noticing some warnings for timeouts, right before the game logs him off. could these issues be related?

only explanation i can think of is it was a lag hit from a zombie game has had that issue for a veeeery long time now