Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ShoudenKalferas

ShoudenKalferas

Updated for 7DTD v1.0

spacer.png

This is a repost of an older UI that I've updated for use with 7DTD v1.0. I did not create this UI mod, and original credit goes to user Tritox. You can find the original thread here:

As the original thread is archived from the forum move and the UI hasn't seen an update since A17, I first took it upon myself to fix the outstanding errors in the mod so that it is A20 compatible, and have now updated it for 7DTD v1.0. I do have Tritox's blessing to maintain this and have them set up to be a collaborator in GitHub.

The main idea of Origin is to keep the UI's look as close as possible to the original 7DTD UI (hence the modlet name), while spicing up the UI with some quality of life changes.

Download Current Version

Previous Versions

Origin UI for A20 v1.0b
Origin UI for A19 v1.1

spacer.png

Origin_UI.thumb.png.214ed7a74fc7a602d88fe8052defb7d9.png

spacer.png

• (Top left) : Re-positioned day and time coupled with the world temperature and elevation indicators.
  • (Top center) : Added indicator to compass to show which way the player is facing.
  • (Top right) : Added text outlines to active quest tracker.
  • (Bottom left) : Added bars for water, food and feels like -temperature above the current stamina and health Bars.
  • (Bottom center) : Added player level indicator left from the XP bar and numbers for toolbelt slots.

spacer.png

Before installing any modlet, it's always a good idea to back up your existing files!

This UI consists of three main files which come in an XPath-compatible modlet. Simply extract the contents of the archive to
[steam location]\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\
-directory. Overwrite prompt should only occur if you are updating the mod.

For Multiplayer: This UI is intended to be installed only on the server. Players do not need to download this separately.
For Singleplayer: You would need to download and install the modlet to your computer.

spacer.png

"I remember seeing coordinates in the HUD, where are they?"

- In A14, a bug was introduced to the UI which causes several unexpected errors if the player adds waypoints while the coordinate indicators is on. Later on, in A16, enabling the coordinates caused the UI pretty much to exploded, so they were removed entirely from the and they aren't coming back.

"Can you change the temperature to Celcius?"

- The temperature unit can be changed by yourself in the console (works in MP only if you are an admin). Type
settempunit c
for Celcius and
settempunit f
for Fahrenheit.

"Why there is only a static fill for the core temperature bar?"

- The core temperature is just a value in the game UI and there isn't any changing fill related to it like there is for food/water/etc.

"Can this mod be used in multiplayer games?"

- Only if the host uses the mod. 7DTD multiplayer servers push most of the game files to the clients, including the XML files which this UI modlet uses. So even if you have this modlet installed and the server you play on doesn't, you are forced to use the whatever UI the server uses.

"I don't like the feature X in your mod"

- And you absolutely shouldn't. This is a matter of taste like oh-so-many other things in the world. Luckily, you can always remove/add parts to your liking. I've tried to comment the mod files well and removing features pretty much comes down to comment out or remove sections from the XML files. If you don't know how to do this, I can probably help you out to some extent.

MODIFICATIONS/COPYING

This modlet, like many others in this wonderful community is consider opensource. You may copy it, modify it, distribute it. The only request is to make sure that everyone listed in the credits below are included, to call recognition to the many people who have contributed over the years to the creation and ongoing maintenance of this modlet.

CREDITS

Tritox, for his original work to create this, and the years put in maintaining this.
Big thanks to all the people in the forums who have helped with the UI hacks:
Sirillion & Red Eagle LXIX
Thank you to all the other UI modders who have given me good tips and ideas! Also huge thanks to YseGuy for creating the initial XPath modlet version and helping out with various fixes. Oh, and of course huge kudos for The Fun Pimps for creating this major timesink of a game for us.
ShoudenKalferas, for picking up on-going maintenance of this modlet from A19 onward.

ShoudenKalferas

ShoudenKalferas

Updated to A20_1.0b

spacer.png

This is a repost of an older UI that I've updated for use with 7DTD v1.0. I did not create this UI mod, and original credit goes to user Tritox. You can find the original thread here:

As the original thread is archived from the forum move and the UI hasn't seen an update since A17, I first took it upon myself to fix the outstanding errors in the mod so that it is A20 compatible, and have now updated it for 7DTD v1.0. I do have Tritox's blessing to maintain this and have them set up to be a collaborator in GitHub.

The main idea of Origin is to keep the UI's look as close as possible to the original 7DTD UI (hence the modlet name), while spicing up the UI with some quality of life changes.

Download Current Version

Previous Versions

Origin UI for A20 v1.0b
Origin UI for A19 v1.1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• (Top left)
    : Re-positioned
    day
    and
    time
    coupled with the
    world temperature
    and
    elevation
    indicators
  • (Top center)
    : Added indicator to compass to show which way the player is facing
  • (Top right)
    : Added text outlines to active quest tracker
  • (Bottom left)
    : Added bars for
    water & food
    above the current stamina and health bars
  • (Bottom center)
    : Added
    player level
    indicator left from the XP bar and
    numbers
    for toolbelt slots

spacer.png

Before installing any modlet, it's always a good idea to back up your existing files!

This UI consists of three main files which come in an XPath-compatible modlet. Simply extract the contents of the archive to

For multiplayer: This UI is intended to be installed only on the server.
For singleplayer: You would need to download and install the modlet to your computer.

spacer.png

- In A14, a bug was introduced to the UI which causes several unexpected errors if the player adds waypoints while the coordinate indicators is on. Later on, in A16, enabling the coordinates caused the UI pretty much to exploded, so they were removed entirely from the and they aren't coming back.

- The temperature unit can be changed by yourself in the console (works in MP only if you are an admin). Type
settempunit c
for Celcius and
settempunit f
for Fahrenheit.

- The core temperature is just a value in the game UI and there isn't any changing fill related to it like there is for food/water/etc.

- Only if the host uses the mod. 7DTD multiplayer servers push most of the game files to the clients, including the XML files which this UI modlet uses. So even if you have this modlet installed and the server you play on doesn't, you are forced to use the whatever UI the server uses.

- And you absolutely shouldn't. This is a matter of taste like oh-so-many other things in the world. Luckily, you can always remove/add parts to your liking. I've tried to comment the mod files well and removing features pretty much comes down to comment out or remove sections from the XML files. If you don't know how to do this, I can probably help you out to some extent.

MODIFICATIONS/COPYING

This modlet, like many others in this wonderful community is consider opensource. You may copy it, modify it, distribute it. The only request is to make sure that everyone listed in the credits below are included, to call recognition to the many people who have contributed over the years to the creation and ongoing maintenance of this modlet.

CREDITS

Tritox, for his original work to create this, and the years put in maintaining this.
Thank you to all the other UI modders who have given me good tips and ideas! Also huge thanks to YseGuy for creating the initial XPath modlet version and helping out with various fixes. Oh, and of course huge kudos for The Fun Pimps for creating this major timesink of a game for us.
ShoudenKalferas, for picking up on-going maintenance of this modlet from A19 onward.

ShoudenKalferas

ShoudenKalferas

spacer.png

This is a repost of an older UI that I've updated for use with A20. I did not create this UI mod, and original credit goes to user Tritox. You can find the original thread here:

As the original thread is archived from the forum move and the UI hasn't seen an update since A17, I've taken it upon myself to fix the outstanding errors in the mod so that it is A20 compatible, and I'm creating this new forum thread. If Tritox returns, I'll gladly redirect this thread over to a thread started by them.

Download Current Version

Previous Versions

Origin UI for A19 v1.1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• (Top left)
    : Re-positioned
    day
    and
    time
    coupled with the
    world temperature
    and
    elevation
    indicators
  • (Top center)
    : Added indicator to compass to show which way the player is facing
  • (Top right)
    : Added text outlines to active quest tracker
  • (Bottom left)
    : Added bars for
    water & food
    above the current stamina and health bars
  • (Bottom center)
    : Added
    player level
    indicator left from the XP bar and
    numbers
    for toolbelt slots

spacer.png

For multiplayer: This UI is intended to be installed only on the server.
For singleplayer: You would need to download and install the modlet to your computer.

spacer.png

settempunit c
for Celcius and
settempunit f
for Fahrenheit.

MODIFICATIONS/COPYING

CREDITS