First night quest was a blast. Reward was not worth it

ElCabong

First of all it was 3.2 km from the trader in the desert.

I left a little early and by the time I got there it was night. Every 5 feet I had to stop and kill a buzzard. That's okay. I need to make a bigger farm. As I  was bashing the head of a buzzard, I got assaulted by a coyote, deased, damaged arm, and had an abrasion from where the coyote bit me on the rear. 

It's obvious that I'm getting diseased more often in the harder biomes.

I got assaulted by two more coyotes and one pig. The pimps need to cut down the amount of meat you can harvest from the big animals. I've got way too much of it.

As soon as I trigger the quest, I get assaulted by a flock of buzzards and three or four Z's. I got a damaged leg, deep laceration, fatigued, but I did not get diseased.  The uphot is I started the quest with about half of my available hit points.

When I got all three generators running I still had to clear the Z's and nothing was showing up on the radar. That needs to be fixed. This was a very easy place to explore. If it had been anything like the shotgun Messiah factory, I would have canceled the quest. That place is too complicated with too many levels and if you have no idea where to look you're not going to find the holdouts.

In this case I was afraid I was going to have to log off and do it again because it had to go take care of some real life chores.

The ending was epic. All I will say about it is I should have expected to assaulted from above. 

All I got for the trader was a choice of a level 5 robotic current and two vitamins.  I should have got something better than that. I picked the vitamins. I'm running short.