This is my rifle this my gun

4sheetzngeegles

Disclaimer "This is my personal opinion regarding the changes to A20" probably unpopular but.

Overall I like it. Vanilla visual: The lighting makes it look like peering through a window now on
my monitor. The ground textures are now blended instead of color contrast making a more
contiguous scene. Render is smoother than before, with low AA no jagged overlays as I move.
Map loads a lot faster than before.

The slowed animation is a plus for me, it forces me to check my distance and bearing when
using a weapon, I like the low dps because it forces me to head shot and sneak for max damage,
the increased infection and rate has made me rethink "my fools rush in moves". Feral sense
is woah, I can't do a dig quest without watching my back, I like it. The creep factor and the
this is your rifle this is your gun factor, is beginning to remind me of the early single digit
alphas. the addition of the poptop decapitation and limbs is a visual and visceral plus for
me.

How I play
I play with Xbox 360 wired controller, "I know, I know" but it's basically menthol vs regular.
My starting equipment, stone axe, torch, club, bow, and 6 stone spears. As i find other weapons
I begin to replace the spears. I am Nomadic by nature, play SP offline. No stuttering so far.

Settings customizations so far: Edited additional fog particles from my a19 to a20, customized
biome height oriented and based on my fractalized biomes, example snow, snow to forest, forest,
forest to desert, desert, desert to burnt, burnt, burnt to waste, waste. Blends and overlaps,
spawn, and mixes visuals for a personal visual flow. When in the mountains, I can't see whats
below a certain level until i descend. In the desert, burnt and waste, combined with the new fog
overlay it causes a now you see me now you don't visual for entities. i have to listen more
carefully.

Hardware specs: Walmart GTX 1650 super with Ryzen 3600 hp motherboard. The only change, upgraded
to 16 gig ram, and replaced the 1650 with my EVGA gtx 1080 founders that I bought and stored
2 years ago. Monitor Vizio 50" DU 4k.

The 1650 is being added to a prior pc for my girlfriend's son Merry Christmas to all. And I am
getting a steam version of the game.

Pics included as reference, may help others with settings and choices, or not. For those on servers
as a test see audio image included, if you have voice on try turning it off, play silent talk,
if stutter slows or stops, then try using a third party voice app. It may lower
data throughput. If stutter is still there. Then i can't help.

image.thumb.png.c499647da164038123d288a38543ebb1.png

image.thumb.png.a72d7da4dd48cfe4e482409a101b7f20.png

Happy gaming

Thanks TFP

4Sheetz