A20 Custom Prefab Missing Block

Slyman666

I used the command show in the link (prefabupdater loadtable and then prefabupdater updateblocks)

It work for all my prefabs. But some block are still missing.
I check in the console and most of the time it's MicroWave and Stove object. They apparently remove the Microwave and Stove object with random loot (the ones who set object randomly open or close) It's not existing anymore.

I don't know if it was intended by dev, but I think it will be better to wait until A20 stable. Maybe they will set it back or do something.

Thank you for this feedback, I too have used these commands and it works well!
I also had some blocks that I had to replace manually including the coffin and also a wire mesh that I had put on a barbecue, the wire mesh block still exists but we can no longer put it horizontally. And we can no longer place a backpack block on a wall :( 

A little more annoying the custom settings of lights are correctly loaded and the effects too but the color of the block itself remains white. At worst I would copy the parameters to another lamp then put a new one and re-copy the parameters, that should do it ... Anyway I have to review my lights for better performance ...

Edited by Fleshus (see edit history)

On 12/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Fleshus said:

Thank you for this feedback, I too have used these commands and it works well!
I also had some blocks that I had to replace manually including the coffin and also a wire mesh that I had put on a barbecue, the wire mesh block still exists but we can no longer put it horizontally. And we can no longer place a backpack block on a wall :( 

A little more annoying the custom settings of lights are correctly loaded and the effects too but the color of the block itself remains white. At worst I would copy the parameters to another lamp then put a new one and re-copy the parameters, that should do it ... Anyway I have to review my lights for better performance ...

You're welcome! Thanks for your feedback too!

I just saw there is a .nim with prefab. I tried to edit it using text file editor to update object name with new one, but the  7days editor can't take it. It corrupted the file. So it's not possible to update prefab directly in the data. It seems we don't have choice to edit each prefab from editor.

And oh, I didn't notice the light color didn't update too 😕 I'm gonna need to check it too.

So yea, manual edition in prefab editor seems to be the best way for now.
I don't know if it would be better to wait A20 stable for this. Maybe they will do something for it.