Idea for a farm-oriented magazine series. Opinions?

MimirTheAesir

Hey people! I've been playing 7DTD for about a month now and for me, farming has been a very fun aspect of the game. I think it is currently a bit "underwhelming" but has a lot of potential, so I thought about an idea on how to make it at least a bit more interesting:

First of all: Sorry for any typos or wrong sentences. I am not a native english speaker but I tried my best to make it understandable.

Farmers Monthly!

A 7-volumes series focussed around farming and improving it, just like the other magazines are. In [] brackets I added some commentary of mine whenever I deemed it necessary / helpful.

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 1 - You have the biggest... crops! (Your seed yields exceptional results, increasing the value of items planted by you by 50%.)

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 2 - What a pleasant surprise! (Seeds you plant have a 10% chance to yield double the amount of items when harvested.)

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 3 - Your neighbour envies you a liiiittle bit too much! (Seeds you plant have a 50% chance to become rotten when harvest by a non-allied player.)

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 4 - A rare mutation! (Whenever you harvest a crop there's a 10% chance that you get a seed of the respective crop.)

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 5 - Herbicides? Pesticides? Who needs those! (You are now able to craft fertilizer which increases all effects your crop and items crafted from it have by 20%.) [Aka: Food crafted from the crop sates 20% more hunger, coffee crafted from beans lasts 20% longer, stuff like that. | My idea for Fertilizer would be: 50x Rotten Flesh, 1x Vitamins, 20x Crysanthemum; 1 crafting recipe is enough for 5 rations of fertilizer.]

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 6 - Go'damn birds! (You are now able to craft scarecrows which scare away birds in a radius of 5x5) [I am aware that birds / vultures do not have any effect on plants / crop. But it was thematically fitting and I liked the idea of it. Crafting recipe would be Plant Fibers, Cloth Fragments, Cotton + Wood.]

• Farmers Monthly! Vol 7 - Plowin' my... crop! (You are now able to craft a plow. Hold the primary action button [M1, by default] and walk over crop that is ready to be harvested to automatically harvest it. Crops that are still in the "Growing" or "Seed" status are unaffected by this.) [Will use up some stamina but not nearly as much as punching every crop individually. Crafting recipe would be a couple of Forged Iron, Wood + Mechanical Parts.]

• Farmers Monthly! 7/7 Bonus - Farm plots? What are those? (Your endeavours have made you the biggest farmer alive! You are now able to plant seeds into any soil, forest ground etc.) [And whichever "grass based" ground types there are. Basically anything that is not burnt soil, sand, asphalt or something like this.]

So, that's it. If you have any input or any ideas, I'd be happy if you give me feedback. If you think this is a great idea, feel free to comment and maybe the developers will actually take note! :)

Edited by MimirTheAesir (see edit history)