Move PC game files to Ubuntu 20.04 server

As title suggests im trying to move my game files from my pc (the current game host) to a server I just setup. Now I am a noob here learning commands and what not so I don't really know the correct terms to look for as I've been researching for this. I try to exhaust my resources before asking for help so any guidance will be appreciated. Not necessarily looking for the solution to be handed to me but hey if you have it ready to roll awesome!

Tried searching the forum but didn't see anything related so my apologies if I missed a post that already had this completed.

Is your PC windows or linux? If linux as well you can just copy the files from same place to same place on the server. Practically the directories GeneratedWorlds and Saves in .local/share/7DaystoDie/

If you used a pregenerated world like PREGEN01 or navezgane you can skip GeneratedWorlds.

If something isn't running, read the logfile on the server and check where it tries to find its world data and saves, it is written clearly in the logfile.

Don't forget to adjust the serverconfig.xml so it has the right names to find the world and save data.

If your PC is windows it is practically the same, just that save and world data is somewhere else on the PC and you need to put that stuff to .local/.... on the server. In the General Support section you'll find a thread that has all the important locations listed for all OS

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)