Help making a hardcore-mode mod

Twila

I couldn't find a mod that makes the game unplayable after death like in Minecraft's hardcore mode, only ones that reset your XP/magazines which is useless because XP is easy to get when you can access your base/loot.

I figured the easiest way to make this and make it server-side is adding a buff on player death that makes the game unplayable either by making the player immobile or killing them over and over again.

I figured I could append an infection to the near death trauma effect (starting at 100% or 99.9% if need-be) (and maybe removing their bed too if that's possible so they can't reach antibiotics easily)
This would also make it so it doesn't happen to players until they're level 6 (I think)
but adding this after line 4245 seems to have no effect when you die and get near death trauma.
image.thumb.png.9c677b62d432d5e8f2782c373ce03329.png

I don't know if I'm using the wrong buffs/effects (ie nearDeathTrauma and triggerInfection or infectionCatch) or I just lack understanding of how buffs.xml works at all.

any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I also don't know how to start the infection at 100% instead of 0.1%

Archived