Where would I find the coding on respawns?

tespilotepete

Hi all, thank you for even checking out my post.

So I am jumping in deep end sorry.

I've been playing with the code and think I have the basics but I want to know if the idea that got me started would even be possible..

I want to find the respawning mechanic.. So the select on bed or near bed when you die. I know this has to be written somewhere and will be in parts (guessing a UI part, item (bedroll) will have coding too it, maybe even utility?) 

Has anyone come across parts like this?

I can explain more if someone wants to help but I'd really like to give this a go at making it and from what I've seen and read the modding community here is great.

Peter

Cheers so a fast reply. 

So long story short with it, I play on a sever with a few friends we have 10k map but are all on 1 place

I want to make waypoints to spawn so people can build elsewhere but still able to travel back to each other.

I have made a 3rd button that says spawn on waypoint on the respawn screen so I  just trying to work out how to set a point for this.

As I said I'm fresh back to coding (like 10 years) so this probably is me trying to do something the hard way.

The grand play would be making an item that opens a new menu box (like the respawn one) and you can click a location that has another on of those items. 

The way I was looking at it is bedrolls have the coding to save a location so I wanted to find that code to work out how it works and make my own item from that?

Archived