XML Value and Classes list

KKbuilder

Hey everyone, I was attempting to find a list of attributes associated with AI Tasking, such as BreakBlock, ApproachDistraction, Territorial, ETC. It made me think, IS there a full list? If there is I would appreciate someone posting the link here. If not, I was thinking it might be productive, if complicated, to begin a guide that includes a list of attributes and a description of each attribute. 

Example

for the property name of AI Tasks you have the following values and their description

BreakBlock - sets entity task to focus on breaking blocks

ApproachDistraction - sets entity task to focus on a distraction example, throwing a rock.

and so on.

Outside of just AI Tasking I was looking for a full list of each property name available within the code of 7DTD

so in the entityclasses XML the property names under entity_class you can reference could be Faction, Mesh, WalkType, etc. I was hoping for a full list of these and a description of what each is actually referencing as I have been unable to find one. I understand this can be complicated as these change in each update as more are added or removed but It would be a major help to anyone trying to get into modding. 

I’m not aware of full lists of any of the properties or values being in 1 place that’s also kept up to date.  the problem of doing this right now is likely these things:

- game is not gold yet, so TFP won’t publish their official docs on them (if they ever do)

- without it being gold, modder a who know a lot of this are unlikely to spend the time documenting it all, as it’s a lot of work.

- maintaining any lists are difficult as the game changes, especially as TFP usually doesn’t list exactly how properties change between builds. And if you crowd sourced it, it would still be “behind” and likely drought with old/inaccurate information.

you might be able? To get some traction if you focused on just 1 area of the properties and kept up a page/post documenting it well.  There’s an unofficial 7 days to die wiki that exists  that needs attention like this (keeping up with updates), but I’m not sure how data like this would fit in well. 

I am interested in if this gains any traction or ideas from others. My personal “feel” is the wiki above might be a good place, but it’s a wiki and it’s not always easy to update/format it nicely, but then again this is all text data. The only other place might be a post under “tutorials” in this forum that has a main page that is updated for this current major game version, and has links to the older game version docs (maybe those are atored on the wiki?) Trying to get info for any of this data could then just be asking on this forum for answers or input as you compile the lists of properties you/others are interested in.  There are some comments in the /Configs XML files and a XML .txt file that has a lot of this type documentation, but it can be out of date and not so easy to interpret.  It’s hard to know what’s current.

Archived