FPS and stuttering on 3080

Treskin

I previously was playing 7 Days on an RTX 2080, which was working fine. I was on a mix of Ultra/High settings and getting ~80fps excluding horde nights, which dropped to ~50.

I was lucky to pick up a 3080, and immediately noticed things were odd. After dropping everything to just high I'm getting ~70fps with bouts of stutter, drops to 40fps when just running in circles, and major frame drops when entering buildings. I joined a horde night with friends, and immediately as zombies started coming in my FPS dropped to 30, and started going down from there. At the end of the night I was at 15 and the game was basically unplayable.

Even if I drop all settings to LOW, I'm only getting 130fps and still bouts of stuttering (verified with in-game FPS and G-Sync monitor's refresh rate).

I've run DDU to clean out my drivers and fresh installed latest drivers through Geforce Experience. I've deleted 7 Days, manually blew away the remnants of the game's directory, and in the launcher I've cleared all my data in the "tools" tab. I'm running the main branch of the game (not beta), and in DX11 mode. I've gone into Nvidia Control Panel and turned off DSR and other basic optimizations which are generally recommended.

All other games work perfectly. I'm around 90fps in Red Dead Redemption 2 with Ultra settings. All 3D benchmarks are on-target for this card. Full system specs:

AMD 2700x (also benchmarks on-target)

Asus x470-f Motherboard

16GB 3000mhz CL15 RAM

500GB SATA M.2 SSD game drive

Corsair RM 850w PSU

Wired 1Gbit network/internet

Anyone have any thoughts on this performance issue? Thanks!

Sounds like a hardware support issue to me. You might need to wait for the devs to get their hands on a 3080 to figure out what's going on, cuz obviously your hardware should be more than capable for this game on Ultra settings. Could also keep updating the GPU drivers as they come out until you get lucky and one of them improves gameplay with this game.

Archived