Animal Pelts and Taxidermy as Decor

zztong

During a session of hunting for food I thought it would be cool to be able to decorate my base with animal skins and taxidermy.

I thought I'd suggest them as I don't recall seeing them as current options. I could see where it might not be desirable as right now the drops from animals are generic and animal-unique drops would clutter inventories more. Perhaps just a rare drop of an animal head could be part of the recipes to craft something. Like 1 bear head, 20 leather for a bearskin rug. Then people would only carry the heads if they were interested in that decor.

I suppose it might also fuel a mission like "bring me a bear's head" but that seems too much like an MMO quest to me (hoping for a random drop), unless perhaps being on the mission meant the next bear you killed would automatically drop a head to be returned to the quest giver.

I searched for previous suggestions like this, and only found a couple in non-suggestion threads. I'm still pretty new to this community, so apologies if my search wasn't as compete as it should have been.

Archived