Way to Impliment a way to modify Bedroll/LCB spawn deadzone to some extent.

Daedric

Simple enough question I haven't found an answer to. Is there a specific deadzone line in one of the config files so I don't have hordes/zombies spawning inside a base that is larger than the deadzone provided by the bedroll? Or was that switched to land claim block (which can be modified via multiplayer menu.)

Many thanks!

*Edit* this option is found in the multiplayer menu when starting a game. I am unsure if this applies to single player.

There is not. I have searched for this extensively through all the XMLs. Either I'm missing it or it's a hidden value. I would really like there to be a deadzone for spawns around players, because right now it's restricted by LOS and this can still result in mobs spawning in front of you in specific situations. I would prefer there to be a MUCH larger radius that NPCs spawn around the player, because being spawned on by anything anywhere feels really bad, especially when it's a wolf that you're completely unprepared for spawning 15 feet away just outside of your FOV. It's ruining my permadeath runs.

6 hours ago, Coovargo said:

There is not. I have searched for this extensively through all the XMLs. Either I'm missing it or it's a hidden value. I would really like there to be a deadzone for spawns around players, because right now it's restricted by LOS and this can still result in mobs spawning in front of you in specific situations. I would prefer there to be a MUCH larger radius that NPCs spawn around the player, because being spawned on by anything anywhere feels really bad, especially when it's a wolf that you're completely unprepared for spawning 15 feet away just outside of your FOV. It's ruining my permadeath runs.

Wait, seriously? Why in the world would that option have been removed? I know it existed in the past and alternated between the LCB and the bedroll. There doesn't seem to be a logical reason to have removed it; heck, have it be a value between 15 and 100 to prevent disrupting the other spawn cells. That's extremely frustrating to hear; maybe someone else has located it?

12 hours ago, Coovargo said:

Just as a heads up, I found what COULD be the setting in Multiplayer options: Bedroll deadzone scaling from zero (default) to 35 blocks. Not sure if it works in single player however.

Archived