Final update: 1 to a 0

GutsnGlory

My lady and I have been playing 7d2d ps4 for a while now. It is an amazing experience and the last of a dying breed of couch co-op.

A little look at Reddit will show you many couples still enjoy this game.

However, the extra player puts more stress on the game, leaving the map to struggle when loading and disallowing the fog to be turned off.

As many players will learn the fog can be impossible to see through, limiting travel and sniping significantly.

I have seen in some posts that turning off the fog is as little as changing a 1 to a 0. If that is the case could the debug mode be shut off as well?

If so, having someone with the proper tool to edit the console version with two minor changes could make the game much more playable with its best feature: co-op.

With debug mode off, the game would load faster allowing the complete removal of fog. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sorry for the long post. *potato*

2 hours ago, GutsnGlory said:

My lady and I have been playing 7d2d ps4 for a while now. It is an amazing experience and the last of a dying breed of couch co-op.

A little look at Reddit will show you many couples still enjoy this game.

However, the extra player puts more stress on the game, leaving the map to struggle when loading and disallowing the fog to be turned off.

As many players will learn the fog can be impossible to see through, limiting travel and sniping significantly.

I have seen in some posts that turning off the fog is as little as changing a 1 to a 0. If that is the case could the debug mode be shut off as well?

If so, having someone with the proper tool to edit the console version with two minor changes could make the game much more playable with its best feature: co-op.

With debug mode off, the game would load faster allowing the complete removal of fog. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sorry for the long post. *potato*

Go to the settings before you're in a game, there should be an option called "allow distant object rendering" set it to yes. 

These settings are reset and become inaccessible during couch co-op.

I'd think, adding a second player reduced the maps local rendering distance. I can see the map struggling to render in time when the fog is at its thickest. Roughly 4 feet of visibility. Even when we are close in proximity.

I'd further guess, debug mode is sapping the games potential. If it were turned off, the fog could be safely turned off. No one is reviewing the data anyway.

17 hours ago, GutsnGlory said:

These settings are reset and become inaccessible during couch co-op.

I'd think, adding a second player reduced the maps local rendering distance. I can see the map struggling to render in time when the fog is at its thickest. Roughly 4 feet of visibility. Even when we are close in proximity.

I'd further guess, debug mode is sapping the games potential. If it were turned off, the fog could be safely turned off. No one is reviewing the data anyway.

Yeah what I noticed was the fog tends to get stuck instead of following the player itll hang around areas far from the base so your base is usually covered in it. I was unaware it couldn't be shut off on split screen. Likely due to the added stress of another player. 

Archived