7DTD Idea: Traits System.

SuperNinja55

So what if there was a trait system. I'm talking a fully independent skill menu that you can only use with Trait points.

What i mean by traits is, skills that give a negative and positive effect.
Trait points are to be obtained every 30 levels or so, and you start the game with 2.

This trait menu won't be based on a skill tree system, but will be based on just..., well how do i describe it, a pick whatever you want system. there won't be tiers to this, but you can choose what you want right off the bat.

A few traits i'm thinking of are Four Eyes, Rapid Fire, Fury, and Run Forrest Run.
Four Eyes will be where you gain +2 intellect and +1 perception but the screen is blurred 50% unless you're wearing glasses. The only thing not blurred is the UI
Rapid Fire will increase the fire rate of firearms and archery weapons by 20% but make them 20% less powerful.
Fury increases the attack speed of melee weapons by  25% but makes them 20% less powerful.
Run Forrest Run increases run speed by 15% and max stamina 5, but max health is reduced 20.
I've thought these through and figured that these could fit very well into the game and provide new ways to explore leveling but still have a similar balance and feel to it.

Now obviously there would be more traits but these are just a few. I also kinda based some of these off of the Fallout NV trait system but some are my ideas. Perhaps we could elaborate on this idea and give more in the comments. that would be great too. And i hope you enjoy my idea in any sort of way.

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_07.06_-_07_40_37_11.png

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.07.06 - 07.57.03.27.png

i designed a custom UI for it in paint

Archived