multiple waypoints

LoneSoldier

I haven't played with 9.1 yet, but I didn't see this in the patch notes soo... Are we eventually going to be able to set multiple waypoints on the map?... I seem to find 90% of the airdrop crates when my backpack is full... it'd be nice if i could flag all 3 crates for quick relocation after returning to my base to unload... sometimes I'm a good half day or further away... maybe have the clear waypoint button clear all, or click on the waypoints on the map for individual removal?

just a second thought to expand on the first... being able to "tag" a waypoint when it's created...ie: type in a short description upon creation that you can see by "mouse-over" on the map (basically a custom tool-tip) tactically speaking you could clear out an area, tag it with the day # and then you'd know when the loot should have respawned...or tag enemy bases once you find them... the possibilities are endless... but let's be realistic.. in a zombie apoc. IF you had a map... you'd be writing all over it... "good shelter here" , "lots of food here"..."danger avoid this area" etc...

There absolutely needs to be more tagging on the map! It's silly to have only 1 waypoint available when any idiot with coal and a stick can make a marker on the map if they are really carrying it around. Devs please implement this! Surely it couldn't take that long.

more thought on the subject...tho this would possibly require a bit more work from the devs... have the compass display up to say... 4 waypoints + your bedroll/house icon, however allow more waypoints to be placed on the map. (more than 5 personal icons would be a bit too cluttered on the compass i think, and if you're tagging emergency shelters, you'd only need the closest one to your current location displayed) mouse-over a waypoint on the map to see it's "tooltip" name tag (15-20 letters max I would suggest) while the tooltip nametag is displayed: left-click to toggle it on/off the compass (does nothing if compass already has max on it) right-click to bring up a confirmation to remove the individual waypoint from the map at the top of the map, add a "clear compass" button, which removes the waypoints EXCEPT for the bedroll/home icon from the compass and the current clear button would become a clear all waypoints from map (again, leave the bedroll icon of course) I think unlimited waypoints would become problematic and over-cluttered, I would suggest a maximum of 20~25 or perhaps tie the max number of waypoints to the difficulty level... easiest difficulty gets up to 25, hardest difficulty gets a max of 5

I like Lonesoldier's ideas. In theory 20-25 waypoints would likely be enough.... but then again there WILL be that one guy that marks EVERY building and what it is on his map. Plus player buildings, Plus Create drops, ect.... So I could see if you have explored a huge portion of the map that you might want more waypoints at that point. Imagine a map where you have found 5 or 6 city's, and have many bases and want to keep track of looted areas or what buildings are in a POI hub. It could run out fast. Personally I could stand to only have 5 or so... but I know there are others that would go crazy with them and enough wouldn't be enough. Maybe allow a server setting? this way more "hardcore" servers could limit it while other servers allowed as many as a player feels they need. Regardless... The ability to toggle what waypoints are on the compass would be needed.

Archived