Vehicles in prefabs

Hey survivors! I'd like to create a prefab with some bicycles so that my players can travel a long distance in the early game.  When I tried placing them in the prefab editor they were missing when I tested it in-game.

Am I missing something, or am I outta luck?

Howdy! 

Vehicles turn into entities when placed and thus you can’t add them with a prefab editor BUT:

if you have a look at the code of the trader spawner  block and are familiar to some extent with modding you should be able to make a block which keeps spawning a bicycle on top of it once the one which was there is taken away. 

i have a block Nodded that spawns animals and one that spawns random human beings which you can hit once and they follow you. 

if you’re not familiar with modding but would like that Mod Let me know and I can see if bikes spawn properly. (I recommend to only place the block inside the prefab that is on the live server / game And not on the editor - this way prefabs consist out of 100% vanilla Blocks And remain valid with future game versions/versions of your mods ) 

Archived