Trains

BT13

What about having trains in game. People would have been trying to flee the cities! Could have passenger trains with luggage and bags. Freight trains could have freight cars full of TVs or refrigerators. Or useful items like food, bottled water, or weapons that have been picked over. Could be out in the middle of nowhere. Would have been left where they were when the bombs detonated and the Electromagnetic pulse burned out all of the electronic equipment. And traffic jams around cities, where people were trying to get out. Could add more scavenging to the game. Just my imagination running wild.

Trains [QUOTE=BT13;124919]What about having trains in game. People would have been trying to flee the cities! Could have passenger trains with luggage and bags. Freight trains could have freight cars full of TVs or refrigerators. Or useful items like food, bottled water, or weapons that have been picked over. Could be out in the middle of nowhere. Would have been left where they were when the bombs detonated and the Electromagnetic pulse burned out all of the electronic equipment. And traffic jams around cities, where people were trying to get out. Could add more scavenging to the game. Just my imagination running wild.[/QUOTE] I love this train idea!! - Make rail tracks in random gen terrain just like roads and rivers. - Make the train POI as a set of connected, abandoned train cars - so many loot and exploration ideas with that - Make track and car loot as lots of scrap metal meltable items - Bonus item - train engine car - fixable - hard to fis, but when you do, you can go far with the cars in tow - prisoner train car - full of what were shackled prisoners, now are zombies - will burst open like a hornets nest unexpectedly - can find grain, iron/lead ore, coal, fuel, etc cars with big loots, but should be guarde by loads of zombie former crew and passengers - trains would add a great terrain element, and train cars a cool POI. Fun Pimps - DOO ITTT! :)

[QUOTE=Robert Skywalker;124928]Anyway, sounds cool. Maybe we could setup our own train system eventually, for mining etc? Or we could [B]mine the rails and get more scrap iron[/B].[/QUOTE] and here we see the problem. I don't see it ending well for anyone riding the new train. But I do like the idea even if I think to many people would just mine the tracks in MP worlds. But ti would be cool in SP worlds get to fix and ride a train. It's be a super size traveling base.

Archived