Need help with modifying trader areas

So I'm fairly new to modding and I'm messing around with some game files to see if I can convert a prefab into effectively a trader.

The prefab is actualy the pseudotrader prefab in the compopack thats almost an identical copy to one of the existing traders

My goal is the convert it so that the prefab gets the invulnerability to zombie damage that all traders have, but allows the player to still build and damage it, as well as stopping the teleporting out once night time arrives.

I found the code for the traders:

<property name="TraderArea" value="True" />

<property name="TraderAreaProtect" value="20,0,20" />

<property name="TraderAreaTeleportSize" value="33, 26, 33" />

<property name="TraderAreaTeleportCenter" value="1, 1, 1" />

and by copying only the first two lines into the prefab file, it does convert it into a trader without the teleporting, but now I can't figure out how to allow the player to still build in the prefab.

I've messed around with the "TraderAreaProtect" value but from my testing it only appears that it affects the size of the zone and the numbers relate to the radius and not to the player's status as I thought. Negative values seem to give wierd sized areas.

Is there a way to configure it so the area covered forms a border, leaving the middle unclaimed,

or is there a way to modify other game files to change the players ability to build in all trader zones?

Archived