Altering Start Items for dedicated server

TracyGaming

Here's an excerpt of entityclasses.xml from ComSenMod that worked as of Alpha 17.

<configs>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[starts-with(@name, 'ItemsOnEnterGame')]/@value">drinkJarBoiledWater,foodCanChili,meleeToolTorch,keystoneBlock,medicalFirstAidBandage,medicalFirstAidBandage,medicalFirstAidBandage</set>
</configs>

Here's an excerpt of entityclasses.xml from ComSenMod that worked as of Alpha 17.

<configs>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[starts-with(@name, 'ItemsOnEnterGame')]/@value">drinkJarBoiledWater,foodCanChili,meleeToolTorch,keystoneBlock,medicalFirstAidBandage,medicalFirstAidBandage,medicalFirstAidBandage</set>
</configs>

So do I just add this anywhere I'd like in the entityclasses.xml?

No. While you can still edit the original entityclasses.xml, the above is xpath syntax that tells the game how to modify the original file. You put it in a text file called entityclasses.xml, and put that in your Mods folder. Or you find the entityclasses.xml file that Darkness Falls already uses to modify vanilla, and replace however it's modifying the same ItemsOnEnterGame property in that file. If you want a stack of something, that's more involved.

The above works for single player, but I presume there's also a Mods folder the dedicated server looks for - e.g. wherever you put Darkness Falls.

Archived