Issues with finding servers/Server List slow to populate

Krall

Noticed this last night but it didn't keep me from finding a particular server being hosted.

Overall issue:

When trying to find a server for 7D2D, the list populated very slowly and eventually stopped at only about 400 servers. This was both last night during the latest 17 build and today with the latest experimental.

Last night I was able to connect to and play on a friend's external server. Tonight, I'm unable to find this server or connect to it. They have updated to the latest experimental as they have people playing on it right now running the latest experimental build.

Yes, I'm running latest experimental as well.

I verified the install using Steam's tools. I technically have not got INTO or RUN a game since installing the latest experimental. Popped into the video settings and pre-emptively turned off occlusion since I saw posts stating that it's a heavy performance hit.

Client-Side Log File

Hope I can get some help here. I searched a bit and couldn't find an answer to the issue in the forum or online.

Windows Defender is the only Firewall currently running.

Over time, your system will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS results, in order to speed up subsequent requests it makes to the same hostname. This is all good, but at times, bad results will also be cached and therefore require to be cleared from your cache in order to communicate with hosts correctly. Sitting on the server list, or refreshing often can also overload the Windows DNS stack. Similar to this, your TCP/IP settings may get corrupted, and will need to be reset.

To perform this procedure, follow the steps found below.

1. From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  2. Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  3. In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  4. If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
  5. Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  6. Once done, restart your computer.

This will generally make your connection feel a lot smoother, but at times it may be a real trouble-saver.

Archived