How to make the game actually playable.

Uhkilleez

Since the prospect of ever getting a working game is virtually gone (I know that TFP claims they are trying to get the rights to the game back), I've decided to inform others of how I avoid base resets in my local games. This ONLY works with local games, and will not work with any public or private network game saves you have.

Since I know a little bit about MD5 hash checks, I knew that the base resets were the result of your console creating a save that does not get copied onto the server. Since the two files are not identical, the checksum fails and resets the terrain. In order to keep this from happening to your local games, enter the Settings on your Xbox, and under the Networking section, select 'Go offline' before opening the 7DTD software. Since you how have no internet connection, and there can be no communication between your console and their servers, you will not have the MD5 base resets.

The game will still crash about every hour due to the monsterous memory leaks, but you will at least not lose dozens of hours of progress in your game. Playing the game online will likely never be a feasible option since the game will never be updated again, but at least you can play a local game, even split screen with your friends, without going through the terror of losing hundreds of hours of work.

Happy surviving, friends.

• 5 months later...
Since the prospect of ever getting a working game is virtually gone (I know that TFP claims they are trying to get the rights to the game back), I've decided to inform others of how I avoid base resets in my local games. This ONLY works with local games, and will not work with any public or private network game saves you have.

Since I know a little bit about MD5 hash checks, I knew that the base resets were the result of your console creating a save that does not get copied onto the server. Since the two files are not identical, the checksum fails and resets the terrain. In order to keep this from happening to your local games, enter the Settings on your Xbox, and under the Networking section, select 'Go offline' before opening the 7DTD software. Since you how have no internet connection, and there can be no communication between your console and their servers, you will not have the MD5 base resets.

The game will still crash about every hour due to the monsterous memory leaks, but you will at least not lose dozens of hours of progress in your game. Playing the game online will likely never be a feasible option since the game will never be updated again, but at least you can play a local game, even split screen with your friends, without going through the terror of losing hundreds of hours of work.

Happy surviving, friends.

If anyone have this problem, on windows i had the same problem, try out to install Linux on the new drive. The best one for 7DTD is Sparky Linux in the game over dis. I have a very old laptop, over 6 years old and with low settings i can play the game very fine, in citybuildings good too. Hope this help a bit, have fun with this hammer game:cocksure:

Archived