launcher.exe is missing after kaspersky runs Amok after installing 17.2 version

Narima

seems that Kaspersky not only says that the launcher has a unknown virus- he deleted the file.

Cant start the game anymore- where do i get the launcher.exe now ? Steam only let my deinstall - but i dont want to deinstall only want a working launcher.exe

I have the free version of kaspersky - i cant exclude games i trust as its not implemented in the free version.

i didnt have the problem before updating to 17.2 version.

So i have to stop kaspersky when starting the game - but i still need the launcher.exe from somewhere trustfully...

You can get the file back by right clicking on 7dtd in steam and selecting Properties, Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files.

My virus scanner detected and deleted my launcher as well, this has happened with an earlier version of the game A15 I think as well till they fixed it.

Replacing the file will probably only get deleted again by the virus program. You can however start the game using 1 of 2 exe's in the game directory without the launcher.

You will find it here on your hard drive it is installed on \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

the exe's are 7DaysToDie and 7DaysToDie_EAC.

Hope this helps.

Archived