Gamecrash breaks the savegame [SinglePlayer]

UrtZ

From A17 experiencing some crashes once in a two-three game sessions: instant PC reboot, like power problems. Niether experiencing it in other games, nor in burn tests.

Whatever, last crash broke my savegame :

2019-02-08T01:35:41 13.425 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 2.197s
2019-02-08T01:35:41 13.526 WRN Failed loading world header file: C:\Users\Amur\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\My Game/main.ttw
2019-02-08T01:35:41 13.526 INF Trying backup header: C:\Users\Amur\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\My Game/main.ttw.bak
2019-02-08T01:35:41 13.527 ERR Failed loading backup header file!
2019-02-08T01:35:43 15.282 INF [steamworks.NET] Login ok.
2019-02-08T01:35:43 15.654 INF AchievementManager: Received stats and achievements from Steam
2019-02-08T01:35:44 16.475 WRN Failed loading world header file: C:\Users\Amur\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\My Game/main.ttw
2019-02-08T01:35:44 16.475 INF Trying backup header: C:\Users\Amur\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Navezgane\My Game/main.ttw.bak
2019-02-08T01:35:44 16.475 ERR Failed loading backup header file!

(full logs in attach)

What's the point of having .bak , if it gets broken the same moment?

Started a new game, took it's "main.ttw", pasted in my old world. Now having: day 1, all the transport lost. At last, not strating a new game...

7DaysToDie_Data.zip

Your first log starts off with a mesh error that doesn't exist in the Vanilla client files.

Since I don't see any information on modded xml files, the issue is most likely that you're using a modded assets file, or your client is corrupted.

The client is then forcefully closed about 15 minutes after you get started in it. If it had crashed, there would be data on what was happening. Instant PC reboot is a sign of a PC issue, not a client issue. Everything here points to a BSOD on your PC that needs to be fixed. It could be a bad PSU, or failing GPU, or any number of other things. You'll have to investigate those errors to track it down.

Second log it's showing the ttw files are corrupted. Which is basically expected because the client didn't get closed properly. So your save is toast on the ttw file. You could delete the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak and start the same save. Vehicle and electricity data should be intact because that is stored elsewhere. Game will be on Day 1, and plant/stock timers will be off. You can advance the day to where you were, and everything should be peachy then. (As long as you fixed the hardware issue.)

Your first log starts off with a mesh error that doesn't exist in the Vanilla client files.

Since I don't see any information on modded xml files, the issue is most likely that you're using a modded assets file, or your client is corrupted.

didn't touch anything

The client is then forcefully closed about 15 minutes after you get started in it. If it had crashed, there would be data on what was happening. Instant PC reboot is a sign of a PC issue, not a client issue. Everything here points to a BSOD on your PC that needs to be fixed. It could be a bad PSU, or failing GPU, or any number of other things. You'll have to investigate those errors to track it down.

I suppose, it's some power supply problem - it's an instant shutdown and reboot - no BSOD.

Can't find the cause, since it's very rare issue.

Second log it's showing the ttw files are corrupted. Which is basically expected because the client didn't get closed properly. So your save is toast on the ttw file. You could delete the main.ttw and main.ttw.bak and start the same save. Vehicle and electricity data should be intact because that is stored elsewhere. Game will be on Day 1, and plant/stock timers will be off. You can advance the day to where you were, and everything should be peachy then. (As long as you fixed the hardware issue.)

well, I got the same result by replacing main.ttw: crops and crafting timers gone crazy, all vehicles were gone, engines and fuel inside generator were gone. Plus some issue with spawning: no zeds in visited before POIs - only after getting a quest in a visited POI (as whole POI respawns) or in unvisited POIs.

Didn't find a console command, that can advance days, so was playing from day 1.

The question is why are main.ttw and main.ttw.bak both dead? main.ttw.bak supposed to be backup.

UPD. found "st" command for time advancing. Still, no spawning on discovered locations. The problem seems like this one - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109338-Zombies-no-longer-respawn-in-homes

Archived