MakeGravelSandPlusOreBlocksVisibleMineable

FileMachete

Small modlet that just makes the Gravel and Sand blocks that also have Ores in them Visible as Pillar100s, color coded and Mineable.

-Doesn't touch the Ore blocks. So far as I know the Ore blocks are always within gravel/sand clusters, so less blocks = lower impact.

-Differs from simply uncommenting the "<!-- ore block visualisation... " section already in blocks.xml as these _are_ mineable; just their shape and color are changed.

--However it's similar to the blocks.xml section since all the gravel/sand+Ore blocks are visible when going into godmode and flying underground. And that section was the inspiration for this modlet.

++worth noting that this modlet won't shift/change ID's, unlike uncommenting the section in blocks.xml will.

Edit1: I haven't had any issues going back and forth between having this active and then back to normal. But I haven't tested on a server, so no idea there.

*While I'd hoped to simply be able to apply a faint transparent tint to these blocks, I didn't come close.

This is pretty darn fugly as you can see in the screenshots.

?? if anyone does figure out how to just tint these I hope you'll share :)

Red = Iron, Blue = Lead, White = Potassium, dark brownish black = Coal, Yellow = Oil

A17-1-2019-02-02-03-56-22.jpg

A17-1-2019-02-02-03-58-18.jpg

A17-1-2019-02-02-04-05-08.jpg

A17-1-2019-02-02-04-04-33.jpg

Zip file: https://nofile.io/f/NUF8ZvsFO1r/FileMachete_MakeGravelSandPlusOreBlocksVisibleMineable.zip

EDIT2: just in case; wasn't intending to sound like I was bagging on the 'section in blocks.xml', I think that whomever put that in had to use "extends" in order to have a seperate, 'clean' section to comment in/out. The xpath in the modlet allows appending to the individual blocks definitions, and I don't think there's anything similar that could be called within the blocks.xml itself.

Archived