[Help] BuffProcChance on item in Base Effects not working

FringeRecall

Hello,

Trying to get a buff to trigger when "melee fists" are used, located in items.xml as meleeHandPlayer and handPlayer

From what I can see of other examples in items.xml using the same passive_effect, it should be working fine, but does not.

Here is my modlet for proof of concept.

https://github.com/ethernetweb/7dtd-WildTerra-Modlets/tree/master/buffMeleeFist

Thank you.

Just right off a glance of looking at it I cant tell what the buff is supposed to do. I don't see other than a log message what the buff does when it triggers?

In the modlet that I'm working on, it does a lot but I cut out all the other XML to show that it doesn't proc even without the extra XML. In this version, yes, all it is supposed to do is log a message.

In the modlet that I'm working on, it does a lot but I cut out all the other XML to show that it doesn't proc even without the extra XML. In this version, yes, all it is supposed to do is log a message.

I see lol I've done that often myself when I wanted to keep my stuff secret until it was ready. Knowing that I may play with it some today and see if I can help out.

I see lol I've done that often myself when I wanted to keep my stuff secret until it was ready. Knowing that I may play with it some today and see if I can help out.

Yeah, it's sort-of like that. I don't like to release unfinished products if I can't make them work for one. For another, this is part of a much larger overhaul / project so it would be of no use really to dump the entire xml. It just makes things more difficult to diagnose I figure.

Thanks for your help :)

So this is working for me. You will obviously have to adjust times/rates, damage and the desired buff but it should get you close to what I think you was trying to do.

Items:

<item name="meleeHandPlayer">
<property name="Extends" value="meleeHandMaster"/>
<property name="Tags" value="blunt,melee,light,fists,perkLivingOffTheLandCrops"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<property name="HoldType" value="0"/>
<property class="Action0">
	<property name="Buff" value="buffShocked"/>
	<property name="Class" value="DynamicMelee"/>
	<property name="Damage_type" value="Bashing"/>
</property>
<property class="Action1"> <!-- UseAction -->
	<property name="Buff" value="buffShocked"/>
	<property name="Class" value="DynamicMelee"/>
	<property name="Sphere" value="0.15"/>   <!-- limit to 0.15, else the sphere cast can overlap the target already -->
	<property name="UsePowerAttackAnimation" value="true"/>
</property>
<effect_group name="Base Effects">
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffShocked"/>
	<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="7"/>
	<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="2.5"/>
	<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="0" tags="wood"/>
	<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.5" tags="earth"/>
	<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.5" tags="stone"/>
	<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.5" tags="metal"/>
	<passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="base_set" value="80"/> <!-- A16 .75 -->
	<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_set" value="9.3" tags="primary"/>
	<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="0.15" tags="buffShocked"/>
	<passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="base_set" value="2.0"/>
	<passive_effect name="BlockRange" operation="base_set" value="2.6"/>
	<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="base_set" value="0" tags="allToolsHarvest"/> <!-- all tools but not player hands -->
</effect_group>
<effect_group name="Power Attack">
	<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
	<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_add" value="12,15" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="1500,3000" tier="1,6"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffWeaponsMeleeFists"/>
	<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="1" tags="buffWeaponsMeleeFists"/>
	<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="1" tags="secondary"/>
	<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="1" tags="secondary"/>
	<passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="perc_add" value="-.3" tags="secondary"/>
	<passive_effect name="StaminaLoss" operation="base_add" value="14" tags="secondary"/>
</effect_group>
<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="attAgility"/>
<!--use_action class="LiftUpTerrain" delay="1" use_time="..." gain_health="-5"gain_stamina="-20" gain_food="0" gain_water="10" gain_sickness="15" condition_raycast_block="77,78,79,80" sound_start="player_drinking" /-->
</item>

Buffs:

<buff name="buffWeaponsMeleeFists">
	<damage_type value="heat"/> 
	<stack_type value="replace"/>
	<duration value="1"/>
	<effect_group>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="AddBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="LogMessage" message="Is this thing on"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

I don't think you need these lines on the buffs but I didn't test it as I just posted as soon as it was working. (<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="AddBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="LogMessage" message="Is this thing on"/>)

As you can see the little punch I assigned shocked buff to it and I did not have to add those trigger lines to the buff so I really think you could remove those. The important parts are the triggered effects on the items part. Hope this gets you closer to what you are after. Cheers

So this is working for me. You will obviously have to adjust times/rates, damage and the desired buff but it should get you close to what I think you was trying to do.

I see what you've done here, thank you for the help and for the alternative. I'll let ya know when I have a chance to test it out and see how it goes.

I've finally had a moment to test this and ran into the same bug that I had already reported.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?105946-Alpha-17-1-Experimental-B9-bug-reporting-thread&p=932828&viewfull=1#post932828

It works but it doesn't work as needed / expected.

Sorry bud was hoping that would get you close. Im a little lost on where to go from there. I'll keep thinking on it and let you know if I have any ideas

Archived