Smoke for Campfires and Forges

Roland

I thought about this the other day - we simply cut tress down into logs and toss them straight into the forge. We should have some sort of system to have to let wood dry (possibly split with axe) to get the most out of it. Wet wood doesn't burn nearly as well (longer forge times and lots of smoke) vs dried wood which burns fast and hot (shorter forge time with minimal smoke). The dead wood in the desert biomes would be ideal for collection as it should burn fast and dry.

[QUOTE=D3thM3tal;127913]I thought about this the other day - we simply cut tress down into logs and toss them straight into the forge. We should have some sort of system to have to let wood dry (possibly split with axe) to get the most out of it. Wet wood doesn't burn nearly as well (longer forge times and lots of smoke) vs dried wood which burns fast and hot (shorter forge time with minimal smoke). The dead wood in the desert biomes would be ideal for collection as it should burn fast and dry.[/QUOTE] Great ideas but I don't think TFP cares for that much realism. It might make the game take longer, and players don't always have that kind of time plus zombies invade periodically so defenses need to be made faster. Having to wait for wood to dry just doesn't fit in with zombies, if it was without zombies and we just built stuff for survival I can see it being more fun.

Archived