Base builders and XP

Atrophied

As it stands now, the concept of an elaborate horde base with complex traps and defenses seems to have been discouraged.

Now that the skills and all are XP and level locked it seems to encourage a very specific type of play, on the move, ammo spending.

Trap kills need to provide some XP to players who place them and by extension to their party if XP share is enabled. Since its a passive kill, it should award only half XP or something of the like, (it will balance out in quantity over quality), but there should be some kind of reward for those of us that creep straight up the intelligence tree as quickly as possible, building, fortifying a base and keeping it in good repair.

Building an effective shelter is the cornerstone of surviving in a zombie apocalypse!, lets see some love for the engineers who dedicate their time and effort to providing a safe place to recuperate, store your loots and make more ammo :D

I've suggested this and I'm sure many others did. They argued problems with how to implement it.

I obviously have very limited knowledge on this but I thought they could do something using the block owner and damage/death functions on enemies. I mean, we know blocks are somehow linked to players as there's the claim block relation.

I don't think they should give half exp but instead require more specialization from builder players, although that's just my opinion. If they ever implement it I'm happy, specially if we can mod the exp and requirements.

Archived